Chapter 8

its been a while sorry I've had a lot going on. I am gonna try and get multiple chapters out shortly

---

Bunny had just about enough of North's constant pacing and burrowed out of the Pole to go on yet another search for the winter spirit.

An eerie sense of hopelessness descended on the Pole, shrouding everything in uncertainty. North was beyond angry, but above all else he was worried. Worried that Jack wouldn't make it out alive. The Hiccup boy clearly doesn't remember their time together, so why should North place his faith in him.

"North stop pacing I am trying to think!" Tooth snapped, wings buzzing furiously. No one has ever seen the fairy this on edge, in a way it was more unnerving than Jack's disappearance. Her normal green and blue feathers adorning her head were tinged with red, spiking up slightly. Jack was like a little brother to her, so of course she would be stressed out of her mind. Not to mention enraged at the former guardian for kidnapping him.

"Tooth calm down." North murmured, distracted by a sudden pool of light created by the shining moon.

"Calm down! That's rich coming from you! You have been pacing-" Tooth was cut of by a small explosion of golden dust in front of her. Tooth whipped around to see sandy, looking equally as angry, pointing to the hatch in the roof. She followed his gaze and was almost blinded by the intensity of the beam.

The silver strip danced along the floor and rested on the hidden trap door covering an ancient crystal left by the man on the moon aeons ago. The door creaked open, sending thousands of reflections bouncing of the crystal and across the carved walls. It shone with the fury of a thousand suns, brighter then any of the guardians had ever seen it before.

"What's happening?" Tooth whispered. North called Bunny back via a small aurora in the night sky. The crystal was still shining when Bunny arrived, as if it was waiting for him. 

"What the hell is this?" Bunny exclaimed, shielding his eyes from the light. The longer it lasted, the brighter it got. Over time it changed from a dusty blue to a piercing gold that seemed so familiar. Too familiar.

All of a sudden the light erupted, leaving three symbols floating above the crystal's point.

A cove, a flame and a...

"Snowflake. Jack! He is telling us where to find Jack!" As soon as the words left Tooth's mouth the images changed into a moving scene. Three figures appeared in the light. One was significantly darker than the rest, helping the guardians identify him as Pitch. The one hunched over on the floor looked to have silver hair, leading them to believe it was Jack.

But the third figure was most shocking. Not because of who he was, they had expected Hiccup to have some involvement in this. But because of what he was doing. His hands were behind his back, hidden well from view of Pitch. In his hands was a transparent ball with a scene. The very scene they were watching.

Hiccup was helping them.

.

.

.

Ngl this is my favourite chapter so far! There may not be many more to this story, three at most? Idk.

Hope you enjoyed it!