Alexander Hamilton || Falling for you (pt.15)

"Where is he?" I pace the floor waiting for Alex to return home. He said he would be back before I wake up, well I'm up, he's been gone for ages.

My pacing comes to an end as another frantic knock is placed in the door, the same knock that Angelica gave when Philip... when Philip died.

I race to the door, "Alexander. He's been shot" Angelica says grabbing my arm once again like what she done 3 years ago.

I don't say anything but a million words fly around in my head as we run down the streets to Angelicas house.

We finally arrive and she shows me to where Alexander lays on the bed with blood oozing out of his chest. 

"(Y/n)?" He asks struggling to look at me

"It's me" tears fall out of my eyes as I stroke Alex's hair,

"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry for all of the hurt I've caused you in the past. I wish u could have been the best husband to you but I wasn't, and now I'm laying here struggling to breath fighting to stay alive just to see you and tell you" he swallows trying to ignore the pain that was coursing through his body, "to tell you I love you. I may not have shown it much but meeting you was the best thing to happen in my life" he says pressing a kiss on my hand 

I could see his eyes slowly start to shut, "I know you do Alex. And I love you too" I kiss his forehead before he fully closes his eyes and I can see and feel his whole body go stiff. 

Unlike Philip, Alex went quicker meaning it hadn't quite hit me What was going on. But once he passed i realised that the man I loved was dead in front of me. That's when I break down again, crying next to the bed in my knees and my head in my hands. Eliza and Angelica come to my side and hug me, they don't say anything but I wouldn't have been able to respond, no words would have been able to come out.

——————

"What happens after that?" Bella asks sitting up straight in her bed with a few tears left hanging in her chin.

I sit in her bed and hug her as I wipe away those tears, "I told the world everything what your father had done. How he fought in the war and helped to win it, how he argued with Jefferson in every cabinet meeting, everything, even the last few hours in his life. When I returned home I found a note which had been slipped between a few of Alex's books. It was a note saying how sorry he was that he didn't tell me where he was going and that he hopes I could forgive him. Evidently I did forgive him. I forgave everything he had done"

"But didn't you and the Schuylers help establish the first private orphanage?" Alex asks 

"Yeah. I was going to get there" I laugh, "Eliza had the idea to make the orphanage in honour of Alexander as he himself was an orphan. Angelica and I helped and worked there for a small time. Another thing, I not only told the world about Alexander's life but I told everyone about all the soldiers who Alex fought along side with to win the war, I helped the making of the Washington monument. I did a lot of things, seeming though I was Young I managed to get my word out about my husband. And here I am with my children telling the story of their father, still going strong" 

———————

50 years after Alex's death I feel my time coming. All of my children are at the house surrounding me in my bed. If I do die I've had a good life, most people don't live as long as I did anyways so I've done pretty well. I say I love you to everyone and I feel my eyes get heavy, similar to Alex and Philip, I hear my daughters cry but I can't open my eyes, I feel like I'm being pulled into the air as everything goes light.

"(Y/n)?!" A familiar voice yells 

I open my eyes and see gold and white everywhere. My dark dress doesn't quite fit in.

I hear footsteps behind me so I turn and I'm faced by my beloved Alexander. We share a kiss and a few tears, after 50 years of being separated it feels so nice to see him again. 

"Ma?" Philips appears just behind Alex's shoulder, he to runs over to us and joins in with the hug. 

"I saw what you did once I left. I'm so proud of you" Alex smiles kissing girls me once again 

"Ew" 

Alex and I look at Philip before kissing again making him turn and walk away

"I've  missed you so much" 

"I've missed you too" he smiles taking my hand, "I have somebody I want you to meet"

I follow Alex as we pass by other people who have died, they all smile and wave as we rush past.

"Just in here" He says opening a door. 

Inside was John, Hercules, Lafayette, Washington, and somebody I had never seen before

"Oh my. (Y/n)!" The guys I knew before run over and tackle me into a hug, the hand that helps me up was Washington

"Welcome home" he smiles 

I turn to Alex and I see him standing next to the women I didn't recognise

"(Y/n). Meet my mother" he smiles widely almost bouncing in the spot

"I've heard a lot about you. Thank you for taking care of my son" she says hugging me 

"No worries" 

———————

I know that the end of this story is pretty crap but I just wanted it done as I was loosing interest in this story. But thank you all for reading this book!

Love you all

Goodbye! xx