Alexander Hamilton || Falling for you (pt.12)

Over the past couple of days I've heard people talking about me, about Maria Reynolds. 

I knew I couldnt trust that Jefferson with shit. He must of not been able to keep his filthy mouth closed, what was I expecting. He's not capable to dress himself, why did I trust him not to do this one thing.

I've been thinking, ever since the day they came, just in case something like this happened. And now that it has I'm thinking it might be a good idea.

When something's happened you'd want the person that done it to tell you. So I'm sure (y/n) would prefer to hear it from me than from some random person in the street. 

I better get to work. This might be a long bit of writing. 

—————

Alex has not left his office in a few days, he comes down for food and water but that's about it. We rarely see him anymore. And every time we try to talk to him he shits us out and tell us it will all make sense soon. Like what is that suppose to mean!

I'll give it a few more days and if he's not out of this, this weird hermit crab state I'll drag him out of there myself.

——————

I was out in town one day with Philip, he had come back from school so I wanted to treat him with a few new things, however whilst we were out we kept in hearing whispers about us, well about me. 

"I fee so bad for her" 

"Do you think she knows?"

"Her husband is scum"

"Have you read this?" A man holding a paper rushes up to me and holds the paper in my face

'Reynolds pamphlet- A.Hamilton' the title read 

"What is it about?" I ask the man 

"Whisky you were away he had an affair with a women named Maria Reynolds. He wrote it done because people were saying he was taking money from the government, but in reality the money was to stop Maria's husband from telling everyone what they had done" he says putting his hand in my arm for comfort.

I look over to Philip who has his hands in a fist. 

He lives his father, even though he wasn't there much for him, I can't image how he's feeling right now.

"Thanks for telling us, but we must be leaving" I say tears starting to swell in my eyes.

I put my arm around Philip and walk with him. 

——————

Once we got into the house I found Alex and slapped him around the face. It wast very ladylike but what do you expect, he just cheated and told everyone else before me.

"You're not sleeping in our room. You can sleep in here, I think you'll prefer it in here anyways. It's just as cold as you" I say to him before slamming the office door.

That night I took the box full of the letters I had saved from when we met, to when we were getting married, whilst he was at war, and even the ones where he was cheating whilst we were away. 

I start the fire letting it grow before reaching for a letter.

This one was one of the first ones. It's a conversation we had when he opens up a bit more about John, the person who I helped comfort when I met him at the grave.

(Okay I just realised that John was ready dead so we might just have to ignore that that was John Laurens and instead some random John he was friends with) 

It brings tears to my eyes that the Alex I met was saying that he kinky loved me, and that I was the only person he wanted. But I guess that changed.

I place the letter on the first and watch the ash slowly rise into the chimney. 

I so this over and over. I read the letter then watch them burn.

Although I feel sad for destroying these memories, he destroyed my heart. And now as I read over the letter I realised that maybe he was just trying to be the best person so he could slowly break me down.