Alexander Hamilton || Falling for you (pt. 1)

Time- Hamilton

Notes- (y/n) = your name 

               (y/l/n) = your last name 

——————————————

"Can you tell the story on how you met dad?" My youngest daughter ,Bella, asks 

"Please mum!" My son, Alex, adds

"Haven't I told you guys it enough, I'd thought you'd be sick of it by now?" I smile

"We could never get sick of it, its such a cute story" Bella squeals

"Alright fine. But straight to sleep after Alright" 

"Yes ma" they reply in unison.

"The bright afternoon sun shone brightly" ....

(Flashback)

The burning sun came down on me, I didn't mind it as every now and then a small blow of wind would blow and make it feel very refreshing. I was on my way to the market to pick some flowers for my father. I never met him, but the stories that ma would tell me makes him seem like an angle we didn't deserve. I could only dream of meeting him one day, but it should be quite a few years till then. 

"Afternoon  miss, how may I help you?" The red faced gentleman behind the stand asks

"Hello sir. Could I please get a dozen white tulips please." I ask

"Sure my darling. That will be $1.50 please (I have no idea about dollars so please don't attack me) he says  collecting the flowers.

I hand him the money before placing them in my basket and saying goodbye to the man. 

I continue my way through the market buying food for the house. The house is about a five minute walk from the market so I stop off at home to put the food away.

"Hello ma! I'm back but I'm not going to stay for long as I bought some flowers for Pa!" I tell up the stairs to mother in her room.

"Okay, don't stay out too late. Unless you meet a man on your way then take all the time you need!" She yells back. I smile at her comment.

I'm 20 and most girls my age would have found a young man to court or even marry. I on the other hand have not. I'm not to sad about it though as it allows me to have freedom still.

I leave the house basket filled with flowers inside and head to the cemetery about twenty minutes away. 

Once I'm there I see a young man about my age standing over grave. I leave him alone and walk to my father grave a few rows ahead of him. 

I place the flowers on top of his grave with a  sad smile.

"I may have never met you but I can't wait to see you, I'll take my time don't you worry. Ma has told me a lot about you, how you would want independence for the slaves and women. One day. I'm sure of it. I love you Pa" I mumble so only I can hear  tears forming in my eyes. I swipe my fingers over his engraved name.

I stand to leave. The man from before is still at the grave he's visiting but this time he's crouched in the floor weeping. I feel sorry for the man so I go over to him.i sit down beside him and pull him into a small hug. He jumps slightly and looks at me.

"I'm sorry for your loss. It looks like you cared deeply for them, care to tell me about them?" I ask trying to start conversation.

"John was one of my best friends (I know he dies later but just for the sake of the story he died earlier)  he would make any glum money seem happy. He just had that effect. He wanted to lead the first army of black men, people looked at him like he was crazy but he didn't care. He wanted freedom for them. He didn't get the chance to though. He did too early." He sobs looking from me to the grave.