Alexander Hamilton || falling for you (pt.13)

A few years later and Alex has finally earned some respect from me. 

I'm still not completely over it, but we've had a few more kids which has made us become more of a family.

Every time we go out he always ask if he can just stand with me, I feel bad for pushing him away but he cheated. I'm not just going to throw myself back at him. 

"Philip finishes school today!" Angie squeals in excitement, and as if it was planned somebody knock on the door, she rushes over and opens it, flinging her arms around the curly haired boy at the door which we all missed whilst he was away.

"Philip" I say kissing his cheek

"Hi ma" he smiles hugging me

"Where's father, I need to speak with him" Philip says 

"You've only just came in, have a drink before speaking with him" I say going into the kitchen getting him a drink and some biscuits.

"Thanks. But it's important, as soon as I'm done I'll sit down and talk" he gets up and walks up the stairs, turns out I didn't need to tell him where Alex was.

————-

"You're planning in doing what now!" I whisper yell, I don't want (y/n) to know about what Philip is says to me

"He insulted you, you're name! Our family, I have to do something about it!" Philip argues 

I pinch the bridge of my nose thinking

"Okay, take my guns. But promise me one thing" I say handing him my guns to hide somewhere where he can get them in the morning 

"What is it pa?" He asks taking the guns

"Don't shoot him. You don't want the blood in your hands. If he still wants respect after the duel he follow suit" 

"But-" 

"No buts" I say holding my finger in front of him, "Now be smart and make me proud son" I say patting his shoulders before getting back to work.

——————

The following day Angelica rushed to the house, it was a pleasant surprise but that soon changed

"Come with me" he says grabbing my arm and pulling me out of my house

"Why are you in such a rush" I laugh but going along with her

"It's Philip" she says sternly, this makes me stop laughing, I follow her as quickly as I could.

What has that boy done now?

—————

We reach Angelicas house and there he was in the spare room on the bed struggling to stay alive. 

Alex was already there so I thought I'd ask him, "his he still alive? Alexander did you know about this?" 

He stares at me blankly

"Hey Pip, listen time me okay. You'll be fine, just don't worry the doctor will sort you out. Just listen to my voice." I says holding his arm as I bend down by his bed 

"Ma. Do you remember when we used to play piano together and I would always change the line?" He asks with a small smile 

"How could I forget" I smile with tears streaming down my face 

I hate seeing him like this, who would.

I look at his torso and see the blood glittering in the light. I know what's going to happen but I don't want it to. I want my baby to stay alive. 

I think Philip sees me getting more and more upset so he starts to sing the melody of the song we used to do when he was learning french. After he done it once I started it like what we used to and he would join in, of course he changed the final part but it always made me smile. I saw him give me a cheeky grin as we continued. 

We were doing it a second time when he slowly begins to get quieter.

"Philip. Philip!" I say trying to get him to say something but he was gone. 

That's when I begin to break down. I pretty much collapse on top of him. Alex tried to grab my hand but as soon as I fed his touch I push him away. 

I can't believe he didn't tell me Philip was going to have a duel. If he had I could have stopped it. Told Philip that it was stupid. And maybe he could still be alive. 

——————

Following Philips funeral we all moved upstate. Even though I wasn't related to Philip Schuyler he was like a father to me so he said we could move near him. 

——-

I found it so hard to forgive Alex for the second time. But of course I did. I couldn't just not talk to somebody who lived in the same house, he apologised so much for everything. We slowly started to get back to normal.

Moving helped slightly, but Alex still had his duties. Meaning we didn't get much quite but when we did we made sure to send it together as a family. Alexander made time for us which he never really used to. 

Hamilton one shotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara