Part 5

Just before I leave the house, I yell out to my parents who are watching TV.

"Hey guys, I'm going to be out all night. I'm staying at a new friends house, her name is Maddy" I yell.

"What?? No you're not, we haven't spoken about thi--" I cut my mother off before she can finish her sentence by stepping out the door and shutting it behind me.

My mum always has something to say but she won't fight me on it. Just like she doesn't have the courage to stand up to my dad about his issues. Plus dad doesn't say anything because he knows I won't listen, I'm not as close to him anyway.

___________________________________

I pull up to Maddy's house and walk toward the door. I only knock once before the door is opened revealing a very excited Maddy.

"Girl I've been waiting forever for you, get in!' She says.

"Oh sorry, alright alright!" I say.

I walk into a very pink room where Kat, Rue, Jules and Lexi are all chilling. Some are getting ready and some are on their phones. Kat seems pretty invested in her phone though, I wonder what she's doing. Anyway, I start to unpack my makeup and pull out the dress Maddy forced me to buy. The room goes silent and all you can hear is Maddy screaming in joy. Maddy throws herself at the dress and holds it up for everyone to examine.

"Damn girl, you'll be getting all the attention tonight!" Kat says.

"Shiiiit" Rue says plainly.

"That is so pretty!" Lexi says.

Jules is speechless, eyeing the dress up in awe.

"Girllllssss, it's just a dress hahah" I nervously laugh.

"THAT is not just a dress, but anyway sit down on this chair and we'll pretty you up" Maddy says.

I roll my eyes and place myself down by the makeup table, I close my eyes as the girls attack my face. A little while later, I hear Maddy say "WOW".

"Can I open my eyes?" I ask.

"YES!!!" The girls all squeal together.

I open my eyes to find myself wearing super heavy and glittery makeup, they've also curled my hair. I won't lie, I look HOT.

"Oh my god, girls! Thank you!!" I say.

"Don't thank us, go and put your dress on! Here are some nude heels, put them on too" Maddy says.

I go into the bathroom and put the shoes and dress on. I stare at myself for a moment. I have never worn anything like this before, I barely recognise myself. She's put red lipstick on me, and I'll be honest, I don't have a fond memory of red lipstick. I have to wear it for cheer but it reminds me of the time everyone hated me at me old school...or rather ties into why they hated me. My mother always used to say it makes a woman look more mature, or older than she is. I get snapped out of my train of thought when Maddy knocks on the door.

"Girl we can't wait here much longer! Come outside!" She yells.

I muster up my courage and take a deep breath, I don't feel like myself. I kind of feel numb about the way I look, like I've disassociated from my appearance. Why am I doing this again? I am so lost in thought that I don't realised I've just opened the door to the girls waiting for me. Everyone gasps.

"You look amazing Cassie" Kat and Maddy say in synchronisation.

"Guuuurrrrrlllll" Rue says.

Again, Jules stays quiet... but so does Lexi this time.

"Ugh stop it guys, let's just go to the party already" I giggle.

"Alright girls! Time to go" Maddy says.

___________________________________

Maddy is driving us all to the party, although I wouldn't call her a 'designated driver' because we all know that she'll be drinking tonight. We pull up to the party, there are people everywhere. By how loud the music is, I won't be surprised if this party is raided by the cops soon.

I hop out of the car and Maddy grabs my arm, pulling me closer to her.

"Alright girl, are you ready? This is going to be so fun!" She says.

I smile back at her but, from the looks I'm getting already in this dress... I have a feeling that this night wont go as well as she thinks.

Hey guys! Please let me know if you want the chapters to be longer, I'm trying to write a bit more within each chapter for you :) xx