Part 1

Cassie's POV

It hit me like a tonne of bricks. I couldn't believe that those words have actually left my mother's mouth. I'm not moving to East freaking Highland.

"Mum please, rethink this", I practically spit.

I'm not usually a nasty child but the distaste that just came from my mouth would have you think otherwise.

"Cassie this isn't negotiable, you start there next week. Your father and I are having issues with money and we have to make cuts where possible" she hesitantly states.

What a joke. I know exactly what she means by 'money issues'. Dad has a little problem when it comes to gambling and drinking, 'late nights' at work seemed to have two different meanings to him. I wouldn't be surprised if drugs were involved either, he's been around them since he was 7.

"Right, well you can tell my coach why she's losing her captain this year. I'll start packing my shit." I feel so goddam defeated.

"I've already let her know, you can tell your friends. Also NO swearing by the way" she states clearly.

I silently muffle swear words up the staircase to my room. I went to text my 'friends' but I stop myself, thinking about whether I actually want to tell anyone. I mean I'm popular and people like me, but I don't feel close to anyone, never have. I wasn't always popular either, but that's a different story. I guess I'll leave it at, people knew things about me and now they no longer do, for now.

I think I might want a fresh start, after all, no one would know who I am at East Highland... and I don't compete against the East Highland Blackhawke's so the cheer team won't know me.

I go into my settings and erase all my contacts, it was cathartic until I remembered that everyone I just deleted has me on Facebook anyway. Fucking social media, you can never get away.

I hope you enjoyed my first chapter! This is the first ever book I've written and I'm definitely nervous but if you have any suggestions or opinions, please let me know!

Cassie is pretty much exactly like the tv show, except she's moving to East Highland and not already there :)