Part 4

"Roundoff back handspring girls! It's not that hard!" coach yells.

I like the intensity, but as I look around the sea of hair bows, I see most of them attached to pale faces.

No one steps forward onto the mat, so I take the floor.

"Alright our first taker! What's your name sweetheart?"

This coach literally is bipolar.

"Cassie" I reply.

"Alright Cassie, round off back handspring please!"

As I continue walking to the middle of the floor, I see Maddy staring at me with intrigue.

I run up, perform the best damn round off I've ever done and attempt my back handspring with perfect form and a clean finish.

"Alright Cassie, you don't have to show me any more. You're on the team!" coach yells.

The bar clearly wasn't set very high. I take a seat on the bleachers and play on my phone while the tryouts continue. Apparently Maddy didn't have to tryout because she's the captain, go figure.

Maddy walks up to me with her sports bag hung over her shoulder, "Alright loser, we're going shopping" .

I know this wasn't apart of the plan but, I don't think she'll take no for answer.

"Alright I'll meet you at the mall?" I say.

"See you there in 10" Maddy says as she whips her hair around and struts off.

___________________________________

I pull into the parking lot of the mall and walk toward the entrance. Maddy is already there waiting with 2 bags in her hand, that girl moves fast. I smile at her as I walk closer.

"Alright so the girls and I have decided we're going to give you makeover for McKay's tonight. If you're going to be the new girl, you may as well be the new girls that turns heads" she says.

Great, just what I want, attention. This could go two ways, people could love me or people could hate me. Unfortunately last time, the initial response was hate but I'll just have to make sure I don't do anything stupid this time.

"Alright Maddy, lead the way" I say with a smile.

There's no point in fighting it, I have the feeling that Maddy is the type of friend you just let steer you in whatever direction, otherwise it won't end well for you anyway. She takes my hand and steers me directly into the shop that uses the least material for their clothes, nothing wrong with it but it gives me an indication of what I'm going to look like after this 'makeover'.

"Okay how about this one!" Maddy says excited.

She pulls this low cut red satin dress with slits up either side of it and a sort of fishnet detail between them. Jesus Christ, if my parents saw me wear this out I'd be grounded for life. Not to mention the type of attention it would attract.

I shake my head vigorously at her in disbelief.

"Not a chance in hell will I be wearing that!!" I state.

"Girl you don't have a choice, it's a makeover for a reason" she says simply.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but what the fuck... why not 🙄

"Alright fine take it to the counter" I say.

"Yayyyy! Omg I'm so excited" she squeals.

I'm SO going to regret this.