Birthday Wishes

"What about some fluffy handcuffs?" Kally suggested half seriously as Taylor scoured the store with determination. Turning to look at Kally with an exasperated expression, Taylor stopped at a shirt stand and rifled through the piles of cotton.

"I'm not buying Nate fluffy handcuffs."

"Why not? He'd love them!"

"Kally-"

"I'm sure they'd get good use." She smirked, and Taylor managed to rein back the blush threatening to spil over her cheeks.

"Not at the moment anyway," Taylor murmured, Kally snapped her eyes up to meet Taylor's, surprise all over her face.

"You and Nate haven't...not again?"

Taylor rolled her eyes but nodded. It had been two weeks since her pool party, and the two had been too busy to even really see one another for much longer then a few hours, and even then, they were just hanging out together or with Kally, Mitch and Oliver.

"What? It's not like we used to do it every single spare moment we had." Taylor said defensively, and Kally held her hands up in the surrender position, a cheeky smile playing on her lips.

"I never said you did, I was just surprised, because it's well, Nate. That's a long time for him."

Taylor laughed and rolled her eyes again. "Can we just find him a present, please?"

Kally sighed and nodded, and they continued their search until Taylor spotted it. In the very last shop, where she had actually began to panic a little at not finding anything.

"I found it," she gasped when Taylor rushed up to Kally, who stood rifling through the magazine section.

"Great! Just in time to get ready for his dinner then." Kally grinned, and Taylor rushed over to purchase the gift.

----

"Why are you being so nervous?"

"Because last time I saw his dad, I was sneaking out after my one night stand." Taylor groaned, and Kally laughed, pushing her towards Nate's front door. A small group of his closest friends were having a dinner at his place, courtesy of his mother, before they went out to one of the clubs to celebrate in a more teenage fashion. 

"You look amazing too." Kally grinned, and Taylor smiled back, hugging the girl.

"You do too. Oliver won't be able to stop looking at you."

Taylor straightened out her own outfit, which was a green strapless cocktail dress that fell just overr mid thigh and the sweetheart cut at the top had three small roses adorning the green chiffon material. She had left her hair down, parted at the middle and swept to the side over one shoulder in soft curves. Her make up was carefully done by Kally, and she checked in her compact mirror one more time to make sure her red lipstick wasn't smudged, and she straightened the chain of Nate's locket around her neck before taking a breath and knocking on the door lightly, waiting for someone to answer it.

A stunning woman in her mid forties answered the door, her bright blue eyes so much like Nate's that Taylor blanked for a second before pasting on a nervous smile. Nate's mothers eyes darted down and landed straight on the necklace, zeroing in on it, and a face spliting smile took over the womans perfect features as she stepped forward and took Taylor into a hug.

"You must be Taylor! It's so lovely to finally meet you my dear! Nate told me you were beautiful, but I'm afraid he was slightly underestimating that,"

Taylor liked this woman already. Very, very much.

"Thank you, please don't listen to whatever your son says about me though, I bet it's not true Mrs Presley." Taylor laughed, and the older woman pulled back, waving her hands in the air before giggling softly as well.