Simple As That

Monday morning was bright and sunny, and Taylor was pissed off that she was stuck inside a stupid classroom while she could outside doing anything other then maths. Glancing around the classroom, completely blocking out the buzz of students talking and the teaching squawking in her high pitched dribble about parabola's and graphs. Her eyes roamed over Kally, who sat in the seat next to Oliver, and they were leaning close together, obviously engrossed in each other.

Taylor felt herself frown slightly. A pang of jealousy rang through her, before it was covered up with guilt. She wasn't jealous of Kally having Oliver, she was jealous of the fact that Kally had a boyfriend, while she didn't, which was pretty stupid.

Her eyes flicked over to Nate, who was staring out the window moodily as well. As soon as her eyes found his face, his own locked with hers as he turned his head, almost as if he could feel her watching him.

Throwing her a smirk, Nate watched in amusement as Taylor blushed. She remembered how they'd spent Friday night. And Saturday. A shiver of heat ran through her, forcing a larger blush onto her cheeks as Nate's smirk grew wider, as if he was remembering also.

What if he was her boyfr-no. Taylor cut herself off from the thoughts. She had agreed to just having...well, sex. She wasn't about to admit anything, like if she liked him. Which she was still confused about. Did she like him, or the sex? Glancing back to see he was still watching her, she knew instantly that is was definitely not the latter.

She liked him, she admitted to herself, fully accepting it. Taylor knew already, but she just hadn't wanted to explain it to herself, let alone someone else. It just didn't make sense, nothing about Nate should be her type.

But it was.

She thought that the boy next door, blonde haired gentleman kind of guy was her type, not the type of guy who had a reputation of being a player, getting into trouble, and incorrigible, cocky, jerk face of an arrogant man.

Everything about Nate was her type, and it annoyed her, as well as terrified her.

A wave of panic rushed through Taylor as she thought about their...relationship so far. It was built on a purely physical attraction, not emotional in any way, and Nate had made it clear that he wanted to keep it that way. Would he want to stop what they were doing if he found out she might just like...him? Would he avoid her, stop talking to her? He wasn't one to commit, he had said it himself. No feelings.

Taylor breathed out through her nose, a decision clear in her mind. She just wouldn't tell Nate that she liked him, simple as that. She could still act completely normal, and ignore those annoying feelings. Simple. As. That.

********

So. Not. Simple. As. That. Taylor's fork pierced into her salad, and she was surprised she hadn't just punched four little holes in the bottom of the plastic bowl. Her eyes were like slits, drilling into the cheerleaders skull as she flounced around, practically sitting in Nate's lap.

She pulled her eyes away with the sound of Kally, Oliver and Mitch's laughter. Glaring at them all, Taylor flipped them off, digging back into her salad.

"I never took you as the jealous type, T." Mitch chortle,d stuffing his gob with a huge looking sandwich, filled with things she'd probably rather not know about.

"I have no idea what you're even talking about." Taylor said with conviction, and noticed Oliver was watching her with a funny stare as she answered. She flicked her eyes up to his, and he grinned, before concentrating back on Kally.

"Is that why you were trying to shoot lasers out of your eyes at that poor, unsuspecting cheerleader?" Mitch continued to tease her, and Taylor was growing increasingly annoyed.