Oblivious, Arrogant Heartbreaker.

"Mum! I'm ready to go!" Taylor yelled up the stairs as she jig jogged on the spot, wanting to hurry to get to school. The vans were leaving for the track competition soon, and everyone knew that if Kally didn't get the sixth seat back, window side, then shit would hit the fan.

Hence why Taylor was waiting for her mother to drive her to Kally's house to pick her friend up. If Kally didn't get that seat...

"Coming!" Her mum yelled, appearing at the top of the stairs a few seconds later with bleary eyes and messy hair.

"Were you sleeping?" Taylor asked, suddenly feeling guilty. "Mum, I could've just driven myself if I knew you were taking a nap!"

She screwed up her face, looking disgusted. "A nap? What am I, 80? And I just dozed off for a while but it's okay because I'm perfectly fine now."

Taylor raised an eyebrow, trying to hide her grin. "You're shirts on backwards."

Her mum looked down, and laughed slightly. "So it is." She stripped it off right there, quickly turning it around and pulling it back on. "Okay, Im ready now.

Taylor laughed as she walked through the front door hurriedly, unlocking the car with the remote button at the same time. Taylor threw her bags in the back seat and climbed into the passenger seat, silently hoping Kally wouldn't be too anxious to get to the school.

She proved that wrong when as soon as her mum slowed in front of her house, and Kally had the door open and her bags inside before they'd actually stopped completely.

"Desperate for that seat again?" Taylor asked as she clipped her seat belt on in the back seat.

""It's got the best air conditioned spot okay? Some of us may be able to handle the heat, but I can't."

Taylor and her mum laughed, shaking their heads in sync. They pulled into school a few minutes later, and Kally rushed a quick thank you before scrambling out and disappearing into one of the vans.

"Thanks mum. I'll ring you tonight when we get there." Taylor said, turning to face her mum. She was shocked to see her looking at her in a strange, almost awe like way.

"My baby girl," she whispered suddenly, and Taylor frowned, wondering if her mother had taken one too many aspirin before she'd taken her nap. "You've grown into such a beautiful young woman

"Mum I-"

"I'm just trying to say how proud I am of you, Taylor. I know it wasn't the easiest or most ideal upbringing without your father and me working a lot, but you've turned out amazing."

Taylor felt tears prick her eyes, and she swallowed the lump quickly forming in her throat. "Mum, I couldn't have wished for a better childhood. I had the best mother in the world, and that's all I needed. Who needs a dad anyway?" She laughed shakily, and her mother joined in

Pulling her in for a hug, Taylor thought quickly to her father, wondering how him and his new family was. Probably off somewhere, living his dream life, and she was okay with that. He'd left when she had been a toddler, so memories of her father were limited to say the least.

"I love you Taylor," her mum whispered, clutching her tighter for a few seconds before letting her go. "Now go and win this thing."

Taylor laughed, kissing her on the cheek. "Love you too, mum." She grabbed her bags, dropping them next to the vans before walking back over to shut the back door.

"Oh, and honey?"

"Yes mum?"

"Say hi to Nate for me. Oh, and remember, if there's no prote-"