Is Molting A Side Effect For Falling In Love?

Taylor paced the library, wondering why in the world she had to use the library for an excuse. She had nothing against them, and found them quite helpful when her assignments were in desperate need of an encyclopdia's help. Even when Twilight came out, her guilty secret was to sneak off some lunches to read the books without being seen so Kally and Mitch wouldn't torture her relentlessly over Team Jacob or Team Edward.

Personally, she was Team Mike. If she was Bella, she would steer clear of all the freaky vampire- turning into a wolf crap, and just date the damn human kid. Sure, humans didn't sparkle, or transorm into other mammals, but they were safe, reliable, and nice.

Groaning at her wayward thoughts, Taylor slumped into a large, empty desk and yanked at her hair, hoping that the pain would pull the stupid thoughts out of her head, but all she ended up with was a fistful of looser strands.

Yuck. She was molting. Taylor Weaving was falling for the schools player, and molting.

Life can never just be satisfied with throwing one thing at her at a time. No, she had to deal with losing hair as well. Maybe that was a side effect for falling for Nate.

Just as Taylor groaned and banged her head down on the hard wooden table, she felt a presence in front of her and heard a husky chuckle fill the air around her.

"That'll leave a bruise."

Taylor's head shot up from the table to find Nate grinning at her cockily, his arms folded and his typical arrogant bad boy look in his eyes. She looked over his body quickly before her eyes took in his messy hair, tanned skin and steely blue eyes. They burned holes in her skin, and Taylor couldn't help the wave of appreciation that swept through her when she took in his sexiness again. And would you look at that. He fucking sparkled.

It just wasn't fair. Was all the attractiveness sucked out of other boys and put in him? What for? To mess with girls like herself? This was just straight up confusing.

"Why are you here?" Taylor found herself asking as she frowned slightly. Nate's face mimicked her expression before he opened his mouth to reply.

"I came to see if-the new English exam books were in yet." Nate said, lying. Taylor narrowed her eyes when she saw his left eye twitch, a sure sign he was lying to her.

"Exam's aren't until the end of thee year, Nate." Taylor trailed off, and he chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck, one more sign that had Taylor's head chiming with alarm bells.

"I'm eager to get ahead start, alright?" He muttered, and Taylor stood from the desk, snorting.

"Yeah, I believe you," she mumbled, and stood in front of him for a few seconds before clearing her throat and going to step around him.

"Well I better ge going. See you 'arou-"

She was cut off when his hand closed over her upper arm, and he pulled her back closer, halting her steps as well as her breath.

"What's got you so jumpy?" He murmured in her ear, and Taylor tried to not let his proximity get to her, like it did all the time.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"Alright, Miss Stutters. I know you're lying. You only stutter when you're lying."

Taylor closed her eyes, breathing out quickly before turning to look at him. "I'm just a little on edge about...you know what? Never mind."

Taylor spun quickly, her face on fire. She was about to tell him just then. Oh god, what if it slipped out? What if she confessed, and he backed off/