Chapter 40 - All secrets eventually become known.

*Author’s note*

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MAY CONTAIN SCENES AND WORDS THAT SOME READERS MAY BE SENSITIVE TO. 

WOW. This is the 40th chapter! I honestly never, EVER thought it would get this far, so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU READERS <3 

And sorry the chapter is up at a late time, Australian readers, but I am doing an assignment at the same time... so balancing is annoying -.-

Hope you like it, would love feedback :D

OH, and I'm really sorry for the jumpy POV's :| hope it's still good :)

xox juls

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 40 - @Julia_Golafshan (twitter)

*Harry’s POV*

After I told Lou everything, I hung my head in shame. I couldn’t look at him, knowing that he now knew what I had done.

But instead of the yelling I knew I deserved, I felt arms being wrapped around my torso as Louis pulled me in for a massive hug.

“It’s okay Harry, she’s going to be okay,” he repeated over and over, his words slightly muffled.

“I know, but I pushed her into doing that!”

“You did not force her to do what she did,” he said sternly, and for the second time that night, I cried.

“Haz, come on, don’t cry! Let’s get some tea and talk about it, alright?” Lou said gently as he pulled me up from the floor.

In a few minutes, two hot, steaming mugs of Earl Grey Tea were waiting for us, and Lou opened his mouth to start talking again.

But before he could, the door burst open.

It was Niall, possessed by a fit of rage like I had never seen before. His whole face was red, and he looked at me for a whole second before screaming “YOU SICK BASTARD!”

As he charged at me, Louis grabbed him, and held his arms so he couldn’t grab me.

“LET ME GO!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE TRIED TO DO LOUIS? HE TRIED TO FUCKING STEAL MY GIRL!” he yelled, and I winced.

I guess he did know, after all.

*Niall’s POV*

Harry looked damn scared when I arrived at the hotel – good.

I was going to kill him.

At least, I probably would have if that idiot Louis hadn’t stopped me. I don’t know why he did either, because Harry has to pay!

I don’t know how that scumbag thinks he’s going to run away from what he did, but I swear to God, he will never be able to get away.

I’m eventually going to make him pay.

*Louis’s POV*

Once I had talked Niall out of physically hurting Harry, he hurled every insult at him. As bad as I felt for Harry, I knew that in Niall’s mind Harry deserved everything he said.

And I guess in a way he did.

But I still realize that what Harry did was a mistake, and I really hope Niall sees that soon.

After I had gotten Niall to calm down, I told him to just get to bed, and rest, so that tomorrow he would be able to think logically and clearly.

Of course, he insisted that he stay at the hospital, so after grabbing some clothes and a pillow, he returned to the hotel.

For the third time in one night, Harry and I finally went to bed, falling asleep; this time staying asleep until morning.

*Ivy’s POV*

I woke up, and the first thing I saw was blond hair, all messy and ruffled.

My heart warmed as I thought of Niall and…

Then I understood.

I wasn’t dead.

I don’t know how, but I was still alive, and Niall was still by my side.

Did I dream everything?

I checked my wrists, and I saw a familiar multitude of scars, lined up side by side through all the cutting. There was a hospital band on one wrists, and on both wrists were stitches where they had stopped my blood from draining.

I felt sick.

Not only did I fail at cutting my wrists, but the drugs I took hadn’t done anything.

I was going to have to face up to reality.

I guess that’s the easy part about dying.

Once you die, it’s all over. You don’t have to say goodbye to anybody.

But I said my goodbyes, and look where I am now!

I can’t really describe what I felt as I realized that I wasn’t dead – anger, sadness, confusion, shame… but despite all those negative feelings, I felt something else…

Hope.

Just then, Niall woke.