Chapter 11 - Open emotion.

*Author’s note*

Hey guys :)

Hope you like this chapter, please vote, fan and comment!

This book is finished, so I hope you all get hooked!

Love you all! Enjoy :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11 - @Julia_Golafshan (twitter)

Dad looked quite cheerful as he walked in, and he didn’t smell like alcohol, which is always a good thing.

I gave him a hug, and he hugged me back, smiling at me, and straight away I knew that whatever he wanted to say must be good.

“I already pre-heated some dinner, so I hope you’re hungry!” I said jokingly, but dad smiled.

“I’m ravished! What did you cook?” he asked, and we walked into the kitchen together.

It wasn’t often that I could have a normal conversation with dad, and so I made the most of this rare time by making small talk while I served the food.

As we sat down to eat, dad cleared his throat.

“As I mentioned before, I think it’s time we had a certain… conversation.”

Inwardly, I groaned. I hoped to hell and heaven he wasn’t trying to have a sex talk with me – I honestly couldn’t imagine anything more awkward and plain weird.

Dad continued, fiddling with his hands – it was obvious he was nervous.

“I thought a lot about what you said last night Ivy, and I realize that in the past… we have had a lot of certain… arguments.” He stopped talking, obviously unsure of how to continue.

“I wanted to let you know that I intend to treat you better, a lot better. I haven’t treated you like a father… ever since your mother left.”

His voice broke, and he had a look of pure sadness on his face. I had never seen dad look so vulnerable, or so open with his emotions.

“Keep going,” I gently urged, wanting to hear what he had to say. Dad never, ever showed me emotion other than anger or a neutral tone: tonight some change had obviously taken place, and I wanted to know why he had this sudden change of heart.

Not that I was complaining – if he really did stop, we could start our life again, maybe even as a proper father/daughter relationship!

Dad went on, looking at me straight in the eyes.

“Ivy, you remind me of your mother – you’re beautiful, just like she was, and I should cherish the fact that I have you. But the reason I get so… angry is that you remind me of her. I drink for different reasons, but when I hurt you, it’s because my memories of your mother hurts me, and I feel like I need to cause someone else pain. I’m sorry!”

Dad roughly shoved his chair back, and went upstairs to his room, leaving me sitting in silence. For the second time in one day, my mum appeared in my memory.

I still couldn’t believe that dad had opened himself up so much to me – still thinking about what he said, I started clearing up the table.

Neither of us had eaten very much, but I didn’t feel hungry anymore. I headed up to my room, and not knowing what to do, I started cleaning my room.

When I was finished I lay down, trying to sleep, but because I had already had a nap, I couldn’t get a wink of sleep.

So I checked my phone, and of course I had been bombarded with group messages from the boys. At least now I had their numbers… I had their NUMBERS!!!

I honestly could not believe that I bet Niall yesterday, and now I was friends with the boys of one direction, AND I had their numbers.

All I had to hope was that no one would hate me too much for it… speaking of which, I should probably check my twitter.

I turned on my Facebook and Twitter, and noticed that I now had about 4000 followers on twitter, when yesterday I had 57.

Incredible how hanging out with the five most famous guys on earth could make you famous – but enough about that! I just wanted to make the most of the opportunity I had to get to know them, and to just have fun.

I sent a message over the group chat, saying: you guys talk so much! And now I have over 4000 followers, thanks :P

Louis replied almost immediately: I bet we can get you to 10000 by midnight ;)

It’s on! :) I replied, and then Zayn messaged me, asking me if we could hang out again tomorrow. He had obviously forgotten I had school I needed to go to… vital for me to attend, if I wanted to pass finals and actually do well.

Harry told me I should lie and say they were my math tutors; because everyone goes to a hotel with paparazzi and hundreds of screaming girls to learn maths. Definitely.

They kept at it, nagging me to visit until I finally agreed, but on the condition I could do school work there. They all seemed pretty happy, and I told them they were idiots for wanting me to come over so badly.

Louis messaged back: are you calling me an idiot? :( we shall settle this tomorrow, mwahaa!

Sure thing :P now let me sleep! I said, and turned my phone off.

What a day tomorrow would be… Casually sitting at school waiting to go over and visit ONE DIRECTION.

Eventually I managed to drift off to sleep, dreaming happy dreams – satisfied that my life finally seemed to be coming together just right.