Chapter 13

NARRATOR

It's been two weeks since Kehlani and Michael last talked to each other. By this time Kehlani was back in school from her suspension and had alot of classwork to catch up on.

She was still upset at herself for getting into a fight for something she felt that was so stupid.

She was currently in her room doing homework when she got a text message from Michael.

big head❤🥺: can we talk?

-about?

big head ❤🥺: everything

-...k

big head ❤🥺: im outside yo house

She smacked her teeth because she didn't think he wanted to talk right then, but she stood up from her bed and put some slides on anyway. She walked all the way to the front door and opened it to see Michael's car in the driveway.

She was actually a little nervous to talk to him because they haven't talked since she went off on him.

She opened the passenger door and sat down. "So, wassup? How you been?" Michael broke the awkward silence between the two of the.

She shrugged and kept her eyes on the dashboard in front of her trying her best to avoid eye contact with him. "Kehlani you can't not talk to me forever." Michael sighed as he sat all the way back in his seat.

Finally looking at Michael, but not making eye contact, she straight faced him. "Yes I can." If she really wanted to, she would've actually ignored him for as long as she could. She's done it before and really wouldn't mind doing it again.

"Kehlani-" Michael started before he was cut off by her speaking. "Michael what did you wanna talk about? I came out here so we can have a quick talk and just go back inside and catch up on my school work."

"I jus' really wanted to talk to you Kehlani. I know you still prolly mad at me and tired of me apologizin' but-" Michael paused when he looked up at the rear view mirror and saw a car that looked familiar to him. He turned around to get a better look and that's when he knew that it was Chris' car.

"What's wrong?" Kehlani furrowed her eyebrows and as if on cue, gunshots fired from the car to Michael's, making both him and Kehlani to duck down. Michael reached for the glove compartment and grabbed his gun.

"Do not sit up or you gon' get yo ass shot, ight?" He said to Kehlani and he being scared for her life, she quickly nodded before Michael started shooting back.

After hearing some police sirens going off in the distance, Michael sped off Kehlani's driveway in attempt to get away from Chris and everyone else in that car and the police, but they started to follow them.

Kehlani's mind was racing. She really thought she was gonna get arrested by the police or die. Either from getting into a car reck, because Michael was driving very fast, or from getting shot.

"Shit!" Michael yelled as Chris' car move from behind them to the lane right beside them. A bullet, somehow, passed right by Michael, and grazed over Kehlani's head making her scream.

Michael then aimed his gun at Chris' tires and shot two bullets into one. His car came to a stop while Michael kept driving. "Fuck you nigga!" He heard somebody yell in the distance as they drove farther away from them.

Putting her hand to her chest, Kehlani felt her heart beating out of it Michael pulled into a nearby gas station. "What the hell?" Kehlani said with a shaken look on her face.