Chapter 8

Painted a picture, I thought I drew you well. I had a vision, of seeing what isn't there

KEHLANI'S POV

"Sure."

We stepped away from the garage and i told the girls to wait on me.

"So what do you wanna talk about? I raised my eyebrows. "I wanna talk about us. An' I also wanna apologize." He sighed.

"Michael you don't have to apologize. You're single and you're taking that to your advantage." I shrugged. "Yeah. But im also talkin' witchu. We tryna start a relationship aren't we?" He asked

"Yeah I guess." I looked down

"Hurry up Lani, cause I aint got all day" Isabella came up to us. "Dont rush me! But yeah, I should go. I'll talk to you tomorrow, Michael." I said walking away.

"Ight, bye." He sighed

****

I woke up and realized that my alarm didn't go off i tried to grab my phone off the nightstand next to my bed but I ended up falling out my bed "Kehlani, what was that?" My mom called while walking towards my room. She opened the door and saw me on the floor "Nothing, I just fell out of my bed." I got up.

"Ok, hurry up because you about to be late for school." I got up from the floor and I can tell this day finna be hell because now I got a slight headache.

I walked out my bedroom to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and I look tired and it's probably 'cause I may or may not have stayed up all night watching YouTube videos.

I went ahead and brushed my teeth since I'm in here and I walked out and went back into my room to pick out some clothes. Before I went to my closet I checked the time and it read 8:10. "Damn it." I said to myself. I hurried up and grabbed clothes from my closet got dressed and put my hair stuff into a bag so I can do it at school.

I went downstairs and quickly ate the eggs and bacon my mom made. "You ready Kehlani?" My mom asked me stand with her purse and keys in her hand.

"Yeah I just need to grab my backpack." I said almost choking on my food.

I grabbed my backpack and ran to the car

****

I got to my class and I'm almost ten minutes late but I'll live.

I opened the door and everyone one eyes landed on me and thats when I noticed the new seating arrangement. "Yay! Lani's here!" Isabella exclaimed. Everyone was staring at me and i stared at them back.

"Where is your pass?" The teacher asked holding out her hand. I gave her my pass "So we have a new seating arrangement and I want you to sit next to Michael. "

I looked at Michael then back to the teacher then back to him then back to her. "Ok." I sighed. "Just when I was planning on avoiding him the whole day." I thought to myself. I sat down and looked around to see all the people near me. I looked behind me and saw Summer and rolled my eyes and turned right back around.

I rested my head in my left hand and quickly wrote whatever the teacher had on the board. My headache is starting to get worse and I know damn well I didn't hit my head that hard.

The teacher asked a question and I wasn't paying attention to her but out of all the students who had their hands up she call me. "Kehlani," she snapped me out of my thoughts, "did you hear me?"

"Huh? no, can you repeat the question?" is what I said but in my head I was like "This bitch really called on me when my fucking hand wasn't raised and all of the other kid's were. She needa fuck off." Thats honestly what I wanted to say but I didn't because I'm a good child.