Chapter 6

Oh, why'd you have to be so cute? It's impossible to ignore you

NARRATOR

The next week for Kehlani was kind of a blur. It went by pretty fast and she and everyone else was now on Christmas break.

It had also started to get a little awkward when she was around Michael, since of course, she had grew feelings for him. But she wasn't gonna let that get in the way of their friendship.

"So are you gonna tell him?" Isabella asked as she and Kehlani were walking up the stairs to Isabella's bedroom.

"No. Our friendship is already starting to get awkward, I don't wanna make it even more awkward by confessing my feelings for him."

"I think he likes you." Isabella shrugged and Kehlani scrunched her face up at her.

"He doesn't." She shook her head making Isabella smack her teeth as she sat down on her bed.

"You don't know 'dat."

"Okay, then. Let's say he does like me. Where would we go from there?" She asked as she opened a bag of chips she got while she and Isabella were downstairs.

"Yall can do 'dat talkin' stage thing. You know, when you get to know each other more relationship wise." Isabella suggested and Kehlani thought about it before shrugging. "It doesn't matter anyways. He's probably talking with another girl as we speak." Kehlani said and Isabella could sense a bit of jealousy.

"I'on see why you like him if you know he's... what's the word?" Isabella tried to think of the right word but Kehlani said what she was thinking.

"A hoe?"

"Yeah. His history with girls is horrible. Like I'on see why he still deals wit' relationships at 'dis point."

"I don't know. We just started to text and hang out and I got to know him a little more too so..." Kehlani shrugged as she pulled out her phone.

"Like I said, you should tell him."

"No."

Kehlani can be a lot of things, but bold isn't one of them. She would tell anybody anything, but when it came to her having a crush on someone she'll get shy. The only she would tell is her friends.

"If I gotta tell him, you gotta tell Amari you-" Isabella cut Kehlani off in the middle of her sentence.

"Shh. Quit bein' so damn loud." Isabella whispered as she had her pointer finger against her lips as a sign to be quiet and Kehlani slapped her hand.

"Girl, ain't nobody even here." She said while Isabella rubbed her hand.

****
"Why do you always have yo face all up in the camera?" Kehlani asked as she was on a FaceTime call with Michael. She had her camera faced up at the ceiling while Michael obviously had his face in the camera.

"'Cause I'm fine as hell." Michael said and Kehlani paused from eating the cup of noodles she had in her hand and looked at him.

"Nigga, shut up. You ain't that cute."

"Lani, go on somewhere and slurp up yo noodles." He smacked his teeth. "Anyways, whatchu' doin' later?" He asked after his and Kehlani's short laughter.

"No. I still have to pack for our flight tomorrow, but that's it." She and her mom were flying back to Dallas for Christmas.

"You gon' come over?"

"Sure, I guess. I'll talk to you later."

"Ight, bye." He said before hanging up.

Although she wasn't lying, she really needed an excuse to get off the phone.