Chapter 7

My mama doesn't trust him (My Oh My)

KEHLANI'S POV

It's been two weeks since Michael and I confessed our feelings to each other.

Before I left his house that night, we decided to go through the talking stage like Isabella suggested. Everything's been decent since then, but we already got a problem. He be flirtin' with other girls...

I know he's not my boyfriend. But wouldn't you feel some type of way if someone that you're talking to is always flirting with other girls? Yeah you would.

But I'm not going to bug him about it. Right now I'm at his apartment going through his pantry. Since I'm short, I have to stand on a damn step ladder.

I finally got what I wanted which was a pack of crackers and I go back to the living room which is where Michael is and he's helping with some work. The teachers thought that it would be nice to give us work over Christmas break.

He's helping me with the work because I'm dumb as hell and he gets straight A's while I get the whole fucking alphabet.

"You jus' don't be payin' attention in class." He said as we were putting everything in my backpack. "And I cant believe you came to me like two days before it was all due. You coulda been ask me to help you but you decided to procrastinate." I laughed at him cause it was all true.

I do procrastinate alot and its really a problem because sometimes I even forget that I have work thats due.

"Yeah whatever. Thank you for helping me though." I said as I ate the rest my crackers. "Anything for you." he put his arm around me and I got a call.

I checked the caller ID and it was my mom. I answered the call and before I could say hello she said,

"Come home right now." She sounded angry so I said "Ok, I'm on my way." and she hung up.

"Who was that?" Michael asked me. "My mom, she sounded angry for some reason. I need to hurry up and get home." I got my stuff together.

"Ok jus' lemme grab my keys." He went to his room to grab his keys. He came back and we were out the door.

When we got to my house I told Michael I'll call him later and I went up to my doorstep. I was putting my key in the key keyhole when my mom opened the door. She pulled me inside and shut the door.

"I dont want you hanging around that boy no more." She crossed her arms. "Who? Michael?"

"Yes, I don't want you hanging around none of those boys actually."

I furrowed my eyebrows because I'm confused on why all of a sudden she doesn't want me hanging around them whe they were all just here not too long ago. "Why not?"

"Because they're in a gang Kehlani. You are going to school and friends with gang members. Those boys are in a gang called... the..." she thought about the gang name then she snapped her fingers.

"The Superiors thats the name. And its bad enough that their rival gang the Alphas are there to." she told me.

"Momma I'm not involved in all of that." I said rolling my eyes.