Chapter 7

"Eonni.. Eonni!!" I heard Bona's voice..

"oh???"

"Doc! Waaaah!!! You slept for 10 hours!! We thought you've been hibernating!!"

"huh??"

"No clues?? Really?? Doc you fainted after doing the surgery!"

"Speaking of the surgery how's the patient?"

"She's at the ICU and she's doing really well, the cardio-surgery interns took shifts to watch her condition"

"I see"

"Professor Jo suspected that, you fainting, was actually a delayed reaction from the shock that you drove at night from Busan to here..."

"ahhh... I supposed too, because my hands are trembling right now..."

"Why did you have night blindness anyway doc?"

"I thought it was really because my eyes weren't good, but when I went to have a check-up they said it was psychological, well when I was 24 years old I was driving on a highway in the Philippines with a friend of mine, it was supposed to be our day off so we went out of town when suddenly we were called back to the hospital where we were having our internship, we were told to assist on a major operation. There's a part of the highway with broken light posts so it was completely dark when suddenly at a blind curve a huge truck suddenly flashed its lights and I panicked, we went out of the road and the car spun... I didn't have any major injuries though just scratches... the air bag of the car actually helped me, but my friend was injured in the head she was asleep for 2 days when that happened, but she's now totally fine, she's actually my best friend, since that day I never drove at highways, If I do I become tensed and I can't see the road well even with the headlights are on... but driving in the city's fine... it's just---"

*knock *knock

Oh! it's Brix Kim, He's not going to scold me for arriving late right? I'm actually worried he might say things that would hurt me... But why am I even scared??

"ah.. may I.. come in??"

"oh... yes sir..." Bona said...

I looked at Bona and she saw my worried eyes...and she shocked me when she began spurting words out...

"Patient Brix Kim if you're going to scold my team leader for arriving late please this is not the time, she---"

"I'm not here to do that..." he cut Bona

"I'm Sorry sir, that's not what she meant" I said,

"can you leave us for a moment?" he said to Bona

Bona looked at me and I gave her an "It's Okay" look... Then she left the room

"I-I accidentally heard your conversation, I.... didn't know you were at Busan last night and you drove with that condition..... I-I'm sorry for shouting at you last night... I didn't mean to..."

"I understand sir"

"I also came here to thank you for doing the operation, I heard there were no other doctors available, I'm really thankful for the effort you made."

I just nodded, and there was a moment of silence before he spoke again...

"I-I'm sorry for the things I did and said towards you before, it must have given you a lot of hard time since you just moved in here in South Korea..."

"How did you know that I just moved in here?"

"The director, She's actually a friend of my family, and I came to talk to her last night"