Chapter 5

"Doc? Are you fine" Bora asked while washing our hands and preparing for a 6-hour operation.

"Who? Me?"

"I'm fine"

"I changed Sir Brix's dressing earlier"

"That's good..."

"Yona??"

"Yona's fine she insisted to keep her dressing she wanted you to change her dressing for her, but doc if you don't want to go to her room, I'll just change it sneakily later"

"no, I'll do it, it'll be very unprofessional of me if I'll let you do my job, let's start"

I did a briefing for the operation and at 6:00 pm sharp the operation started. We encountered excess bleeding and arrests during the 6-hour period of the operation, removed damaged tissues to revive a part of the lung, connected veins, and finally it came to an end.

"sugohasseo yeoreobun!! Please finish up"

"Yes doc!"

It's 11:58 pm I went out immediately without changing my scrub suit and headed to Yona's room thinking she could still be awake so I could change her dressing.

"She's asleep"

"Yona~" I tried to wake her up

"Yona~~"

"oh! Eonni!!!"

"Shhhh!! You might wake the other person up, keep your voice down."

"Eonni! I'm really scared of what happened earlier"

"You don't need to be scared he won't hurt you anyway, let's change your dressing, hmm??"

"okay"

I changed her dressing and kept telling her stories so she won't mind the pain as I clean her stitches.

"There you go... I'll check on you tomorrow okay?"

"uhhh eonni!"

"hmm??"

"can you tell me more stories until I fall asleep? Like fairytales?"

"Fairytales?? It's already 12:20 in the morning dear and I just came out from a 6-hour operation and I don't know a lot of fairytales though."

"Ahhhhhh~~ahhh" she begged me and I felt sorry

"Shhh!! ok let me search on the internet"

I found one interesting story and started telling it to her and imitated the movements the character would do, she was having fun and giggling like any other child does until she fell asleep. I fixed her blanket and took my phone to leave. Oh! Brix was awake and he was watching us... I bowed only my head as If I don't want to even do it and left the room. I now felt that I kind of hate him for being a jerk and calling his fans stupid.

It's pretty late or should I say it's so early in the morning. It's 1:21 on my watch when I entered my office. I sat down on the massage chair and let myself fall asleep still wearing the scrub suit. I'm too exhausted to even change.

3 days went by normally, my team's been busy doing operations and rounds with the interns of our team, quite hectic but we're having fun.

*knock *knock

"Yes! please come in" I said still looking at the X-ray of the next patient we will be operating...

"Good morning, please take a seat, what can I do for you sir?"

"Good morning I'm a representative from W entertainment, I'm Mr. Choi"

"Nice to meet you Mr. Choi" as I reached out my hand to give him a handshake