Chapter 3

"So friend how's Korea?" Arry said over the phone

"Well it's great out here, pretty cold though since it is winter"

"I heard you still have a week to enjoy yourself, so where do you plan on going?"

"Me? I'll just stay home... Joke!!" I said while laughing, she knows I'll never do that especially I'm in my dream country.

"Maybe I'll go to Namsan tower, then Dongdaemun I wanted to go and see their shops there and play alone, and last Han River"

"Could you buy me foods and send it here?"

"Yeah sure! When I get my first salary!! Oh I should go now! bye!!" I cut the call without letting her say goodbye because for sure she'll act like a baby about buying her food after having my first salary. I could imagine how annoyed she is now.

I'm all dressed for winter and it sure do looks good on me. I'm not ugly, I'm not that much pretty too but since I have a bloodline of Spanish and a bit of Chinese, I do standout and have an appeal. I went to the basement and started turning on my car's engine I turned my GPS on and looked for my destination and there starts my journey.

NAMSAN TOWER!! I can't believe it!! I only saw it on pictures and on TV I can't believe that I would be able to come here! Too bad that I don't have a boyfriend to come here with me and do the lock ceremony at the top but anyway I still did it, too bad it wasn't a couple wish, what I wrote at the lock is a promise that, next time that I'll visit here and I would bring my Boyfriend.

I was randomly walking and site seeing when I saw that famous mailbox where you may write a letter to a person or even yourself and they send it after 1 year. But I have no one to send my letter so I'll just take a photo here...

Next stop Is Dongdaemun, I felt hungry that's why I looked for a restaurant first. There's too many Korean food selection I just couldn't pick which I will eat! After deciding a dish I looked for a seat and something caught my eye. I saw Brix's autograph hung on a wall with a frame I went and sat there and stared at his autograph until my food came. I begged the lady to take a picture of me with his autograph on the wall.

"Kamasahamnida eommoni!"
(Thank you ma'am)
"agassi neon jeongmal yeppeuda!! I namja joah??" he's pointing at Brix's autograph.
(You're very pretty miss!! do you like this guy?)
"Ah.. ne! fan-imnida"
(Ah, yes! I'm a fan)
"oh keurae! Keurae! manhi mogo!"
(oh okay! Okay! Eat a lot)
"ne! kamsahamnida!"
(yes, thank you!)

After filling my stomach, I went and wander around Dongdaemun and went inside shops and bought something I like. It seems like that I was doing a shopping spree! It was around 6:30 when I went to my car and started heading to Han River. Upon arriving there, I was able to witness the Sunset and it was too pretty! Han River has always been refreshing even when I just saw it on Dramas before. I saw people jogging around the place and couples having their dates.

I stroll along the area and recalled a scene of Limitless' reality that aired once when they were still quite a rookie. They said that they used to jog here in the morning with their boss. It made me smile thinking "wow! I'm finally standing here, how I wish I could meet them". But I know that it's impossible and I thought of a phrase most fangirls said "The chance of meeting your Bias is like a chance of winning a lottery, quite possible but most likely impossible" which quite pained my heart. "how ironic" I said while letting out a sigh.

I reached home around 10 pm, yeah~ that's how long I strolled around Han River. I really felt sleepy that's why I went to bed. But, around 3 am I received a call from a member of my scrub team.

"y-yeoboseyo?" I answered in a sleepy tone.

"team-leader... this is Bona Jung"

"Oh! Yes yes!!" upon hearing her name it awakened me what could be the problem?

"team-leader, I shouldn't have called you because I know you'll be starting your work next week and not today but we have a patient that needs a major operation"

"what's the situation?"

"a-a car accident, there are large shattered glasses punctured on his chest area and almost near the heart, he had a pneumothorax, but we managed that... Oh! Oh!"

"why?! What's wrong??"

"Team-leader!!"

"Alright I'm coming!"

Without even changing my clothes I stormed out of my apartment and run as fast as I could since the hospital is just near, at the mean time I couldn't understand what I feel about this patient but I'm sure that I'm really nervous.

"Team-leader!" everyone on my scrub team is there and shouted as if they saw superman.

"Call the patient's family first, to get permission for the operation"

"already did!" said Mrs. Lee

"good, thank you"

My first assistant briefed me about his condition while I'm checking his vital and more possible injuries. I could see that it was really a bad accident since I can't even see his face clearly because the blood covers it.

I told my assistant to prepare the operating room and the X-ray

"Bona told me you managed his pneumothorax did any blood came out too?" I said while we move the patient to the operating room

"no we were only able to suck the air out only" said Bora

"This is bad, blood must have accumulated around the lungs' cavity too but only air came out we should check the X-ray more, also there's a puncture where the superior vena cava is located, we should be careful removing that shred"

we arrived at the OR in no time

"team leader! the patient's parents are outside the OR, they wanted to see you."

"ok I'll be there in a minute, please clean the patients face first and prepare everything"

I went out of the operating room. As I was nearing the parents of my patient it quite pinched my heart.

"doc, I heard you're one of the best here please save our son.."

"I'll do my best ma'am don't worry I'll make sure he will live" as I said this a tear sneaked out on the side of my eye.

"team-leader everything's settled!" Bona said

"Please, don't worry too much" I said to the mother who's crying really hard and walked towards the OR

I looked at the patient's face which is now clean, I can't grasp the situation, why haven't I recognized the face I've been watching for 16 years?!? Brix Kim! Why are you lying here now?!? This is not what I pictured out to be our first meeting, not this way...