20

Imagine you've been getting a lot of hate on social media from fans of Johnny but also fans of the ship 'Jenzie'

It's really been getting you down recently, especially considering you know there's no reason for it, you're not even dating Johnny, you're just good friends. Ever since you became friends with Johnny, you've always got a few nasty comments here and there but it's increased due to you staying with him for a few weeks on your summer holidays.

It's really hot outside so you, Johnny and Lauren are led on sun loungers by the pool. Reaching for your drink, you see a few notifications on your phone. You click on one and it sends you to a post on Instagram. Your stomach clenches with upset and your eyes begin to water. It's yet another hate post.

Suddenly, you stand up and begin to walk into the house. Where you're going to go, you don't know, all you know is that you don't want to cry in front of Johnny and Lauren.
"Y/N? You okay?" Johnny asks as you walk past.
"Mhmm." You nod, not trusting yourself to say anything else without breaking down in tears.

You find your way into the bathroom and lock the door, placing your phone on the floor beside you. Running your hands through your hair, you try and calm yourself down but the tears still escape your eyes.

Minutes later, you hear a ping from your phone again. You pick it up, planning to put it on silent when you see who it's from: Snapchat : Johnny 😌❤️. You debate whether to ignore it but you decide to open it. Johnny's face fills your screen, he's wearing your sunglasses with a slight pout on his face. Just by seeing him, your heart feels a bit lighter and the tears slow down. The caption reads : ' yo Y/N/N, you better come out and tell me what's wrong or I might keep the glasses. I mean they do look better on me but I'm just cool anyways 😉💛'

When you click off the snap, a soft knock on the door makes you jump. You stay silent , not 100% sure who it is until Johnnys voice echoes through the door. "Seriously Y/N. Can you come out now please?" He pleads. You can almost imagine his eyebrows furrowing in concern like they do whenever he's worried.

Slowly, you get up and unlock the door, stepping back to allow Johnny to open it. As he opens it, he swiftly steps in and shuts it behind him. His eyes sweep over your tear-stained face, the worried expression you expected etched onto his features. Wordlessly, he opens his arms, indicating for you to hug him, which you do.

The second you make contact, fresh tears pour out of your eyes as he soothingly strokes your hair and plants kisses on the top of your head. "It will be okay. Whatever it is, it will be okay." He whispers, over and over again until you believe him. With Johnny as your best friend, no matter what hate you receive, you know it will be okay. It always is with him.