17: My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

Before you read this I would suggest you read the last upload for Harley and Paxton's story, if you haven't already. Because this chapter is all Logan and Paxton.

Chapter 17: Gone

Gone, never before in my life has one word caused me so much pain. But really I guess I should have expected it, I'd been too arrogant to think that she wouldn't leave. My mother might have been right when she said my arrogance would be my one fatal flaw. I should have realized how badly I'd truly screwed everything up, how badly I'd hurt her.

What I don't understand is neither one of us heard them leave, between the two of us we should have heard something. But we'd heard no sounds at all, both wallowing in our own self pity. Now they're both gone and I don't know what the hell to do to get them to come back. Of course Paxton's current drunken state isn't helping anything...

“Will you put the god damn beer down? Its not going to help anything, man, we need to figure out where they'd go.” Knowing Harley she'd talk Lexi into flying halfway around the world, without a second thought. No, she wouldn't go that far from Paxton no matter how pissed she is at him, for whatever the ass did this time. “What the hell did you even do?”

He hiccups, gulping down more alcohol. “I told her about Maria and the girls, then I fucked up and followed your example.” What did that mean? He followed my example, that makes no sense! Wait, ooh, now I get it. Please tell me he didn't do what I think he did.

“You stupid asshole! First you give me grief for being a moron and then you turn around and do the same thing, what's that about?” His eyes narrow on me, his upper lip curling up in a snarl.

“Don't even start that shit with me, Logan. This is as much your fault as it is mine. The only reason I told her it would be best for us to be apart was because I'm afraid I'll hurt her. You're afraid your old mistress might get jealous that you've dumped her for a new play toy, that's all it is.”

“Yes, I'm scared to death that Gloria might hurt Lexi, is that so freaking bad? Dammit, Paxton, how long ago was that? You were newly changed no one can control themselves right after the change.” Fighting with him isn't the smartest move, especially not when he's drunk.