16: My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

I think this might be my favorite chapter....

Chapter 16: Admitting Defeat

The fact that Harley is ready to murder Paxton shouldn't amuse me, should it? I mean, I shouldn't be barely controlling my laughter at the look on her face as she paces in front of the door, right? I should be trying to calm her down, not that I'm anymore calm than she is, but I should at least try and talk her out of murdering the guy she loves. Right?

“Where is he?! I swear to god, Lexi, if he's out somewhere trying to find a hooch to spend the night with, again, then I might just have to kill him.” My internal laughter fades instantly at the sound of her voice. The blood red rage in her eyes is almost comical, but the underlying hurt in her voice that she's trying so very hard to hide makes me feel guilty. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered them with my problem.

“How long have you known that you love him?” I can't help the question, even though I can tell she really doesn't want to discuss this particular subject.

“10 years and the dummy still hasn't figured it out.” She's annoyed, whether its at Paxton, herself or someone else I can't tell, but despite the annoyance the love in her voice is clear.

“And you don't think he loves you too?” She shakes her head, shooting me a sad smile.

“If he loves me like I love him why hasn't he said anything? Ten years and not a word about it?” Okay, that's a good question, but...

“Why haven't you told him.” She blinks down at me, a light pink filling her cheeks.

“B-Because, I-um-well its just not that easy?” The sentence comes out as a question, confusing the both of us. From the corner of my eye, through the window, I see Paxton stomping up the walkway, how Harley doesn't notice his presence I'll never figure out. “Lexi, what happens if I tell him and he doesn't feel the same way? I'll have just made a fool of myself for nothing.”

Paxton opens the front door and Harley is still oblivious. “Maybe that's just a risk you'll have to take.” I would, if this were Logan we're talking about.

“I can't! You don't get it, I care too much about him to make this awkward between us, or risk never seeing him again.” Paxton freezes in the process of taking his jacket off, letting it fall to the floor, staring wide-eyed at Harley's back.

“Care too much about who?” Harley's back goes stiff, eyes narrowing on me accusingly. Yea, that look should so not be funny to me. “Harley?” The unhidden hope in his eyes and voice makes me want to cry, but that would be ruining the moment, don't ya think?