13: My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

So I'd planned on uploading before Christmas, but that didn't quite work out, sorry for the wait.

Please comment and vote.

Chapter starts in Lexi's P.o.v.

Chapter 13: Complicated

"Logan? Logan are you going to answer me or crush the steering wheel to death?" I ask, trying to add some humor to my voice and failing miserably. His grip tightens on the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white from his strength. His foot pushes down on the pedal as the car accelerates, leaving me to clutch the door handle tightly as we round a corner.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, maybe I should have just waited until we got to wherever we're going instead of bringing it up while he's driving. But the curiosity is eating me alive and I have to know what the hell is going on with my life. But most of all I can't stand this tense silence. I can't stand not knowing what happened in my bedroom to force him to shift like that.

"Logan, please, slow down." He doesn't blink, not even acknowledging that I spoke. "Logan, please, you're scaring me." I whisper the words, clutching the handle for dear life as he slams on the breaks, the car screeching to a stop.

His head bows, hands still clutching the steering wheel, his chest heaving. "I'm sorry, you didn't need to see that, but I couldn't control it. Lexi, I know you have questions, as you should, but can you wait until I get us to a hotel before asking? If I answer them now I'll probably end up getting pulled over and right now I don't think I'd be able to control my wolf."

I nod, silently, staring out my window in confusion. No, confusion doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling right now. What the hell happened to screw everything up so fast? One minute we were making out on my bed and the next he's nearly tearing my father's throat out. That should freak me out, right? I should be scared out of my mind right now, shouldn't I? Should I be sitting next to Logan in his car, wondering what I can do to calm him down? Or should I be at home worrying about my father and how any of this had begun in the first place?

My mind whirls as I think about it all, but something he'd said didn't make sense. "Wait, why are we going to a hotel?"

He doesn't look at me as he takes my hand, rubbing soothing circles on the back. "If we go to the house Harley and Paxton will never give us any peace to talk and I don't want to start a fight with either of them, right now."

"Oh," Why does the thought of being alone with him in a hotel room make my stomach flutter, even after everything? A normal person would be freaking out, demanding answers right now, but I'm thinking about all the things that could happen in a hotel room. The thought of sleeping with him, being tied to him in ways I've never been tied to anyone else makes my skin tingle. Thinking about how he would feel above me, surrounding me leaves my thoughts a gooey mess.

"Lexi..." He groans my name, clutching my hand tightly in one hand, the steering wheel in the other. "Love, you're going to have to make up your mind on what you want. Answers or me, because I don't think I can give you both tonight."

My face flushes and I'm thankful that he can't see my face, or can he? "Logan, how good is your eyesight?"

He chuckles, kissing my knuckles lightly. "You mean can I see your face? Yes, love I can see that you're blushing and I can also smell you, so I'd temper my thoughts for a little while if I were you."

Oh God, that is so embarrassing."Sorry, shouldn't even be thinking like that, anyway." The silence that follow is awkward and when I peak a look at his face I can see a little frown creasing his forehead. "What's wrong?"