15: My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

My Teacher is a Werewolf and I'm His Mate. Wait, What?!

There's a pic of Maddox---->

Chapter 15: Broken Hearted

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

He left. Logan just up and left me after he swore, over and over, that he'd never let anyone tear us apart. He'd promised me that he wouldn't leave, that he'd be unable to leave me, and look what's happened. He left without looking back and now I don't know what to do.

As soon as the shock of what he'd said had worn off I'd run after him, only to find his car still in the parking lot with the keys in the ignition and a note taped on the door. Take my car, its safer than walking home. He honestly expects me to take his car and go home, after everything? What could have possessed him into thinking that? He'd said that once he left it would be like we never even met in the first place, how does he think that will work when I have his car as a constant reminder? Or does he plan on coming and taking the car back?

I hadn't been prepared for any of this, I guess somewhere deep down I knew it was all too good to be true, but like the dummy I am I just didn't pay attention.

Its not like I can take his car, it'd be just like rubbing salt into the wounds. Besides, its not like I have anywhere to go, there's no way I can go home and act like everything is normal. Who knows what I'd do to Dad or Gloria when I see them. I can't go to my mother's and I have no friends, so what am I supposed to do?

I can't stay here, I don't have the money to pay for the room and I can't stand the reminder it presents. If I go home there's no doubt in my mind that I'll do something I'll regret later, but what other choice do I have?

Pulling my cell from my pocket, I grimace as I dial the number, praying that no one is there to pick up. “Hello?”

I almost cry out at the breathless sound of her voice. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. “Harley? Can you come get me?”

“Lexi, what's wrong? You sound like you're crying, what did Logan do?” I could hear her moving around in a hurry and Paxton's ever present curses make me wonder if I'd interrupted something. Oh well, no turning back now.

“He left.” My eyes close when I say the words, praying that when I open them this will have just been a really bad dream.

“He did what?! I'm going to murder him, where are you?” I give her the name of the hotel and address, leaning against Logan's car for support. After I hang up the tears that I'd managed to keep under control so far, finally break free, pulling body shaking sobs along with them, as I slide to the ground.

Why can't I have one thing in my life that no one can take away? Somehow, someway, everything I've ever had gets taken away from me. I'd honestly thought that Logan would be the one thing that was solely mine, obviously I'd been wrong. I'd hoped that maybe things in my life would change for the better, but so far they've only gotten worse.

“Hey, are you alright?” I sniffle and bury my face in my hands as the source of the voice crouches down in front of me.

“I'm fine.” Even to my own ears my voice sounds damaged, probably a result of the crying or maybe just my emotions. Either way I'm in no mood to deal with a stranger that has decided to be nosy.

“Doesn't look like it. You wanna talk about it?” He asks, sitting down beside me. I just shake my head and force down a fresh wave of tears when he wraps his jacket around my shoulders.