After a few minutes, I stood up and left my room quietly. I needed to feed my curiosity. My parents were the perfect couple, I wanted to know what could have happened that could have made my mum react that way.

I stood behind the curtain that made way into the hallway since the door was rarely closed. My Dad was on his knees, tears flowing down his eyes. My mum was seated on the couch, her eyes tightly shut but the tears still finding their way out. I listened to my dad's words.

"Aderinsola" he started. The way he called my mum's name almost bringing a smile to my face. Until I cautioned myself and reminded myself that I needed to be sad, I was supposed to be sad.
"I'm sorry" he continued. Tears and mucus smearing his handsome face. "I really don't know how it started, but you weren't here.... Not like I'm blaming you or something, but Derin. I had needs too" he said, his voice breaking.

I had never seen my father that sad my entire life. The thought of this made my tears multiply.

"I had needs, and, and she was there" my Dad stuttered not Daring to look at my mum's face. Her eyes remained shut. "I should have said no, I should have".

"But you didn't Dele. You don't have any excuse" my mum said in the calmest tone she had used all day.

"Yes I know I don't have one". He paused "I've disappointed you, God, my kids. Having an affair with another woman. I've disrespected you all. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry".

I swallowed my saliva. My world was crumbling before me. A thousand thoughts ran through mind. Was this going to be the end of the happy times in my family?
Am I about to be a child from a broken family? Would this affect me so negatively as it did to Fikayo?
Am I about to be a crazy teenager from a  separated family?

What if the other woman had spiritual powers?
Is she going to make my mother leave?
Was this the end of my father's ministry?
Toni, she would probably lecture me on how it feels when a spouse is unfaithful and how it affects the entire family.

I was in complete confusing I didn't even know when I dropped the curtain and my view was obvious to the broken couple. I was about to run back inside when my mom's words made me stay.

"Who is she" my mom asked looking at my father.

"You don't know?" My dad asked. The look on his face giving out that he was surprised my mom didn't know.

"If I knew would I be asking you" my mum snapped. "I was only told she attends our church" .

I gasped, my mouth agape. I prayed in my heart that all this could be a dream.

"How irresponsible of you, you didn't even have the decency of having a prostitute satisfy your useless urges. You had to do it in Church. Ahh, who are you Dele. This certainly isn't my husband" my mum screamed.

The expression on my dad's face changed almost immediately. From sobriety to anger.
"Dele answer me, who is that whore!!!" my mum yelled.
And then my Dad sprang to his feet, his demeanor showing anger.

"Scream at me all you want. Call me names. If possible attack me physically. But one thing I won't take is you calling her a whore" my Dad yelled too. His voice shaking the entire building.

My mom's mouth opened widely, so did mine.
I hadn't even finished processing the fact that my Dad was in an affair with a church member. Something that was going to ruin our lives for ever if it ever gets out.
Something that would make our lives food for the press.
Something that would make me a laughing stock among those who envied and disliked me.

My Dad was defending this woman!!!

I wondered who she could possibly be, my mum finally closed her eyes and faced the other side. She asked softly this time.

"Oladele, who is she?"

I waited for his reply but something inside me knew his response was going to shatter me. And plunge me into a sorry life.

Still in my bathrobe, I felt instant heat as his words gave life to my fears. My world was about to change, because of that name.

"It's Monica"

•••••••••••••

Hmmmmmm....

The book is literally just starting. Let's see what the presence of Monica in their lives will bring.

If you are enjoying the story already please drop a comment and vote. Tell your friends about this book too. Thanks guys.

Oluwayanmife loves you
❤️❤️❤️
••••••••••••••••••