Chapter 52

Jemima couldn't believe her ears, she stared at Toni and her baby bump. She didn't know what to think.

"What are you saying?" Jemima asked.

"Yes, Jemi. My Uncle is responsible ", Toni mouthed as her hands went to her face dabbing at her tears.

" No, no. My God". Jemima said she rushed to Toni and embraced her. Mo' and Semiloore moved to Nurse Temi's side as she rubbed Shemmy's back.

All that went through Jemima's head was the fact that Pastor Dennis might have molested her. A thousand guesses of how it happened came to her mind. Now she saw the reason why Toni was scared and ran away from home. Oh, God. Her heart trembled at the consequence of this and what would happen if it ever got out to the public. More still how her friend felt. She hugged her more tightly as she imagined all she had had to go through. How sad.

"It's okay Toni. Please don't cry. Jesus has forgiven you and called you his only. And that's all that matters. As much as I wish to be angry at our Pastor. I really can't right now. The consequences of our actions always stare at us, alarmingly but that's not going to take away God's great grace and love for us". Jemima said. Toni nodded her head as she wiped her tears.

" You know you can talk to me right. And share all that as happened with me?", Jemima said. Toni nodded and stared at a gazebo not too far away. Jemima smiled understanding what she meant. The five of the walked to the gazebo and took their seat. It was time for Toni to tell her story with the fear of being condemned.

•••••

All of Hassan's effort to talk sense into Samuel fell on deaf ears...He had made up his mind, he was going back to Nigeria. Things had gotten worse when he got back to his apartment. Rachel had locked him in the room for a whole day. It was at that point he confirmed the girl was sick in the head.

"Okay, so now that you are going to Nigeria. What are you going to do there? And how are you going to get rid of the marriage you have with Rachel" Hassan asked.

"Thank you for finally agreeing with me. Guy, I'm leaving next week. My flight ticket is already available. And I've contacted Barr. Wilson. The last day I'm spending in that house is the day I'm dropping the divorce papers. If she likes she should sign it or leave it. She definitely won't dare come to meet me in Nigeria. If she does try it. I will beat the 'Ra' out of her Rachel until she becomes an ordinary shell. Stupid fellow!". George said.

Hassan burst into laughter at his last sentence.

" And how are you going to survive when you get to 9ja. You know you gats form big boy wey dey com from yankee". Hassan said.

" Uhmm. Although Rachel has restricted me from accessing our joint funds. I still have about $5000 in one account", George sighed. "I'll just mellow when I get back home. I don suffer too much for here to dey prove big boy for their". George said. His eyes suddenly wandered as though he was in deep thought.

" Wetin you they think?" Hassan asked, noticing that tense mood.

"I really hope to get my wife again. I don't understand how foolish I was. I was blinded by beauty and seeming ease. Leaving behind the family that God had graciously blessed me with. Oh, God. I have sinned against man and God. And I really wish I can be forgiven"

"Hmm" Hassan sighed.

"I'll get my home back by all cost, start afresh and establish myself. With her help I'll be able to get back to my feet. Things will be how they should be once again".

After a moment of silence. Hassan asked.

" Do you really think Monica will want you back?"

George looked him in the eye and sighed. "I have to try".

•√√√√

Monica hated herself. What had she done? What was she thinking?. She had called Ms. Kemi to stop all. they had planned. But that was when she realized she had made the most stupid and worst decision of her life. Yes, she had. Realizing all the help Kemi had promised her was for her only selfish gain. She only wanted to get the buzz on her blog after many months of lukewarmness.  Monica's feelings meant nothing to her.

Her mind drifted to one of the conversations she had had with her pleading with her not to send them out.

" Mtchew ", Kemi had hissed over the phone. Monica could feel her curving her lips in a smirk. " Nigeria women and being sentimental. See don't even stress me. Monica. It is now beyond you. This is between me and useless 'men of God' . So you might want to get lost", Kemi had said.

Tears dripped down Monica's eyes as she managed to say something.

"Please let's not do this anymore. I leave him and his family to God..." She was interrupted before she could continue.

"Eisss... See that's none of my business. Seriously. So please please please! Spare me that. Oh. You didn't know what you were doing when you were spreading your legs for a man f God abi. You didn't. Getting involved with another woman's husband ", she barked. " You know what you are? You are a whore and Gold digger. No wonder your husband left you. Continue with your rubbish work. Let me continue with my" she said sternly.

Monica felt like shit as she heard those words. " Do well to never call this number again. And for your story. I'll decide on that. Good day!"

That day replayed in her head and she still felt so ridiculed. Her throat burn as she grabbed her head in pain.

" What have done!", Monica yelled as she sat on the ground in the middle of her room. Her stomach pinched her causing her to remember the life inside her. No, she wasn't joking. She was actually pregnant.

How was she going to live life now? With a baby whose father, she is trying to destroy. And a daughter who presently hates her... With no job or anything. And yes, with a bad image. How! was she going to survive.

She had let bitterness and unforgiveness get the best of her. Now she was nothing but miserable. Her tears fell freely to the floor...She had no more strength in her all she had was pain. Her hand trembled and her heartache. The tears stopped at an instance when she heard the notification sound.

"I'm coming home to you. I hope you forgive me..." Monica read.. Her heart leaped thinking it was Dele. She unlocked her phone to get the full message. But what she saw made her world crumble.

I love you...
George".