Chapter 1 - We Own the Night

Start from the beginning

" Hey guys! I brought Zed if that's okay." Addy introduced me as she took me out of my hiding spot.

As I stare back to a pack of wolves, they all didn't look quite happy. Instead, they were almost intrigued, as if they haven't seen me in forever. A couple came up to sniff me. It was weird. Then as they were done staring and sniffing me up and down, they all howled.

" Welcome Zed, they all said hello." Willa spoke, as she stood up on some throne of some sort, made out of sticks and stones. Neat.

As I started liking the wolves a bit, I gave them a good ol' zombie growl greeting. Next second, they all built up their guards, as if I wielded out silver.

" Addison!! Teach him some manners!!" Willa warned her.

" Oh, uh Willa, he's a zombie, he doesn't quite know Wolf language, only Zombie!" Addison told Willa, as she grabs my arm as a purpose of protection. I back her up.

" Yeah, uhhh, all I said was how's it going?" Everyone looked at each other in bewilderment. Willa signals the wolves to stand down, as she walks down her throne, up to me, face to face.

" Kinda strange how Zombie language can be almost similar to Wolf language."

" Oh no, it's really not! I mean if you met Bonzo, he's a Zombie linguist! He knows everything about Zombie language! You should go to him if you need lessons--"

"ENOUGH!" Willa interrupted. I immediately become quiet, as if I don't want to come home tonight in pieces. Sure Zoey doesn't want that either.

" Hmm... Kinda funny how a zombie like you can make up some smart words with no brain inside." Willa insulted me as she points towards my forehead.

" Willa, please." Addison barked up to her. She gazes her up and down, then to me.

" Welcome to the Den. WYATT!" Willa called. From behind her, a male werewolf with infuriating eyebrows, sharp fangs, and a nice highlighted bang pops out of nowhere.

" Show this rookie around the Den, seems like he has a lot of learning to do. Come on Add, I'm sure your Zombie Boyfriend will be safe with us. We promise we won't tear him up, right wolves?" Willa asks aloud. The wolves shake their heads in unison.

As Addy walks off with Willa, I'm left with the intimidating wolf Willa commanded. As I nervously stare into his bold, amber glowing eyes, I slowly take out my hand.

" Z-Zed." I nervously greeted.

He looks at my hand, then back up at me, and in a roughly manner, he firmly grasps my hand.

" Wyatt." He growls under his voice.

" W-Wyatt... please to meet you..." I told him.

As he let's go of my hand, which is almost throbbing in pain, he steps up real close to me, looking me up and down. I gulp, don't knowing what the heck he's gonna do. I hope he doesn't disobey Willa's promise, because if so, God help me. He leans in more, towards me neck, as if he's fixing to be a vampire, and snap me like a glowstick, just like that. From my sensitive ear, I can almost hear his deep sniffs, almost tickling my neck. I gulp again. He goes back to where he's standing. In that moment, he asks...

" Vanilla?" He questions.

" Huh??" I respond in fear.

" Is that Vanilla you're wearing?" Wyatt asks.

" Oh! Y-Yeah! It's our signature musk." I hesitantly exclaimed.

He slowly reaches for his pocket, fixing to grab something. My body stands there in fear, as I try my best to wonder what will he put on me.