Ch. 12 - Admitting and Awkwardness

ابدأ من البداية

"Oh god."  Zekaj covered his face.

"It was apparently a spirit demon."  Zekai said.  Kaj only responded with a groan.  "And the mage killed the demon because he couldn't accept being mated with a demon."

"Are you fucking kidding me."  He threw a pillow across the room.  "There's basically no chance of us being soulmates."

"Well I wouldn't say no chance, maybe like a five percent chance."  Kai tried to reassure his brother.  "Probably less."  Kai got a glare in response.

"Because that's so much better."  Zekaj grumbled.

"Yeah, five percent."  Kai cheekily smiled.  Zekaj punched Zekai in the shoulder.  "Ow, you jerk."

"I need to head back."  Zekaj said while standing up.

Zekai pulled his brother into a hug.  "Stay in contact alright?"  He asked.  "No 2-year-long silences again."

"I'll make sure to visit every now and then.  I wish you could meet him."

"Me too, and I'm sure I will one day." Kai smiled.  He pulled Kaj into a hug.  "See ya around."

Zekaj responded with finger guns and faded into shadows, appearing in Hunter's room.

Hunter was still sleeping in bed and his hand was still dangling off.  The overwhelming urge to hold it came back and he had to ignore it.

Zekaj climbed up the front of the bed and got under the covers right next to Hunter.  Hunter stirred in his sleep.

"Zekaj?"  he mumbled with a sleepy voice.  "Where have you-"

"I'll explain in the morning, go back to sleep."  Hunter stirred in response and quickly fell back asleep.  Zekaj wrapped an arm around him and drifted off himself.

***

Hunter woke up to the morning sunlight hitting his face.  He went to move his hand to his face to block the sun but his hand was stuck in place.  A grey arm was holding it in place.

Hunter turned his head as much as he could and saw a sleeping demon laying right next to him.  At that moment he remembered Zekaj returning in the middle of the night and waking him up.

Hunter just rested his head on the pillow again and started to notice Zekaj's hard body pressed up against his.  There wasn't even space to fit a piece of paper between them.

It was nice, very nice.

Hunter's feelings continued to worsen as they laid there and with them came the dark thoughts.

Demons and Humans can't be mates.

He's way out of your league.

He definitely fucked that girl last night.

That last thought sent him over the edge, literally as he pulled himself out of Zekaj's arms and slipped out of bed.  Zekaj was in too deep asleep to notice, but subconsciously he gripped Hunter's pillow.

Hunter started getting ready for the day and left for the bathroom.  He took a quick shower trying to focus on anything besides the whereabouts of Zekaj yesterday.

He got out of the shower, wrapped the towel around his waist.  He looked at himself in the mirror, examining every part of himself.  He had dirty-blonde hair and brown eyes, a body with a decent bit of muscle he was never sure how it got there.

You're not his type. His mind kept telling him.

"Stupid voice in my head." he muttered, leaving the bathroom for his room to get dressed.