⤟ the story ⤠

How do stories begin? Dreams? love at first sight? A drastic change in life? Or maybe walking in as a new girl in high school?

Mine began with abandonment. 

I don't really know where I came from, I don't really know why I was left outside an entertainment building and I don't know how I was lucky enough to be adopted by the nicest man ever.

I have heard the stories so many times how I was found in an actual fruit basket minus the lightning scar outside the GHM Entertainment. It never made sense because I could have been left at the church or orphanage or at least in a residential area if my birth parents wanted me to survive. Why Entertainment building?

Since I barely knew them, I did not suffer from the thing called abandonment issues because I was raised under the care of a loving father and a nagging overbearing mother. They loved me with all their heart and I think it was a miracle how I ended up being found by a stuntman walking out of that entertainment building. I could have been adopted by a rich actor or maybe a ruthless director but the one who found the baby basket was a man named, Henry Roberts. 

A stuntman by profession my father was a hard worker, brave and friendly man. Its almost like he was an undecided leader of the community and he had his own dojo and training center for people who wanted to pursue this path or more like forced to take this course of life. 

While I learned as I watched. Raised among reformed criminals, men who had to endanger their life to feed their families, and boys who were trying to get into the entertainment industry but this as far as they could go, I was the only female among the members. Besides being a regular school, I was also a stunt artist with my father's team because I needed the pay to not burden him as I tried to save up for college even though there were still three years left of schooling.

My dream was to be a movie director one day and cast actual talented people on this dark industry and not just because they had money, celebrity parents, or were ready to cross ethics lines to get a role.

My life close to perfect, I had a good education, a nice family, two great friends, and this not where my story began, like I said mine began with abandonment.

And I guess dying is also abandoning someone.

So my story begins when my parents were killed when our little house caught fire. I was returning from classes when I saw the smoke rising in the sky that was painted red as if warning me about the misfortune that would follow in my life.

I rushed to our place having a bad feeling to find them surrounded by fireman, neighbors, Reece my best friend frantically talking to the man outside the ambulance. And then I saw them, the dead bodies being brought out of the house.

I don't remember much after that as my knees gave away and I lost consciousness.

But I remember one thing vividly before I fell, a man dressed in beige clothes carrying a long wooden stick, and there was something about him that spelled trouble.

This is where my story begins.

➸⇸➸

Freak, that's what they called me

Freak, that's what they called me. Because that's what I was, a freak. My mother left me because she knew it, my father was scared of me because he knew. And so did I.

Because there were days when I would turn into a freak, a monster. I was in school when it first happened, barely seven or eight maybe. My legs started growing scales, glittering grey scales, my veins were on fire and every bone in my body was breaking.

I was crying hiding in the bathroom as the teacher had to call my parents.

A few months later my mother left. Because it happened again and again. And it never stopped. And with that, I developed severe anger issues so yeah I was a freak through and through.

But that is not how my story began.

With some luck, I must say I caught the eyes of an agent from some entertainment industry. He said I was good looking, a fact I didn't know since I was scared to look into mirrors and see grey scales all over me.

And I believed him because I was never appreciated in life.

So my father and I moved to Strompton, the city of entertainment and my agent was talented enough to get a seventeen year I cast in a small movie role.

If I think about it now, it was a bad decision because with a freak like me it was only a matter of time people will know and in the end will abandon me like my friends at school did, as my mom and grandmother did.

Eventually, they will realize that I was not completely human.

But for a while my life was good, I got popular in school, other things managed my anger, girls were fawning over me and I learned to hide my pain of the weird transformation I faced one in a while now.

So my story begins when I was assigned a manager, a pretty woman named Mrs. Weitz.

And being a manager she was stuck by my side 24/7. Not that I was worried that I would be abandoned again but I was worried that there will be a time when freak would be a universal term for me.

But the night she saw me screaming in pain and with advancements breathing fire instead of air, she gave me a golden liquid.

And when I was back to sense, she told an eighteen-year-old me that I was a Dragon.

This is where my story begins.

➸⇸➸

So you guys get the gist of the characters here, what do you think?

Whose character is more appealing? Or whose story intrigued you more?

Also, should I do:

1. Solo PoV 

2. Alternate PoV

One with the most votes wins :)

HAPPY READING!