Chapter 19

Akira's P. O. V:

I murmur, watching Igneel face off against Acnologia, "That's him: the King of the Dragons."

Behind me, Gajeel leans against Levy for support as he breathes heavily. We watch as the two dragons butt heads again, growling.

"I can't believe it!" Natsu says, tears dripping down his face. The two dragons begin to battle it out.

Nanami says, "Igneel was inside him? How? Is that possible?"

Levy replies, "Maybe. Do you have one, Gajeel?" She glances at him questioningly.

Looking up at her, the black haired man responds, "Don't really know. But the pain's gone."

The tingling in my neck has ceased now, which must mean that Rogue has recovered from the reaction. I glance at my sister to see Nanami remove her hand from her neck as well.

Levy asks Gajeel, "We're gonna be okay, aren't we?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure," He says truthfully. He addresses Natsu, "What's going on, Salamander?! I mean, is that really Igneel?! What was up with all that stuff about being inside you?"

Bowing his head, the pinkette replies, "I have no idea. He left. I looked for him for so long!" He wipes the tears from his eyes.

Lucy whispers, "I'm sorry..."

Flames burst from Natsu's feet as they launch him into the air and he shouts, "DAD! WE GOTTA TALK, NOW!"

Igneel looks behind his shoulder to see Natsu shooting straight for him. "Natsu, I told you: we'll talk later!" Igneel tells him with annoyance.

Natsu demands as he lands on Igneel's wing, "Tell me, now!! Why did you disappear and leave me?! Oh, and if you were with me the whole time, why didn't you say something?! Do Wendy and Gajeel have dragons inside them, too?! And what happened that day?! On July seventh, the day you left me?!!! Come on, you owe me!!!"

Acnologia roars as he charges Igneel. He dodges as he yells, "Enough!" The attack hits Igneel and Natsu goes tumbling.

I gasp, "That was close!"

"Quit distracting him!!" Gajeel shouts. Natsu looks up to see Acnologia right in front of him.

Igneel expels a powerful burst of fire from his mouth at the black dragon. The flames expand as they hit him. We could feel the heat from here. Lucy and Juvia throw their arms up to cover their faces from the heat, while Karma shields Winter, Zuko shields Ember, Mamoru shields me and Haru does the same to Nanami. I hold Momo and Loki close to me while Nanami holds Vivienne. Gajeel throws out an arm to shield Levy from the heat.

The flames then explode around Acnologia before vanishing.

"So, you killed him?!" Natsu asks in shock.

"Not at all," Replies Igneel. "Just wait and see."

Acnologia spreads his wings as he lets out a furious roar, standing in a large crater.

"Wait! That fireball did nothing?!" Lucy gasps.

"Seriously?!" Gajeel exclaims.