Chapter 9

Songs used:

Masayume Chasing by BoA

Wonderland by Natalia Kills

Akira's P. O. V:

My eyes peel open and I blink my focus back into them. On my right are a few more hospital beds, and a window sits in the wall beside them. From the looks of it, it's nighttime, but I don't know what exactly the time is. 'Am I really back in Fairy Tail... in the infirmary...?' I wonder silently to myself.

I push myself into a sitting position as a male says, "Akira-chan!" I blink my eyes and turn my head to see Grandfather sitting in the chair beside me.

I feel tears pricking my eyes at the sight of him. "Grandpa!" I throw my arms around his neck and we hug each other tightly. I let the tears fall, vaguely aware of rain starting to pour outside.

"I've missed you so much, my granddaughter," Grandfather tells me as we pull back. I wipe the tears from my cheeks with the back of my hand. It was then I realise I'm still wearing only my undergarments and Rogue's cloak.

"I've missed you, too, Grandpa," I say. "How long have I been out for? And, where's Rogue-kun? I thought he'd be here."

"You've been out for only a day—it's 10 0' clock at night now. And as for Rogue... he was actually sitting here ever since they brought you back, but I told Rogue I can take over while he gets some food in him. That boy has barely eaten much since the first day you were taken by that bastard, Sora Kaminari. He only ate a few mouthfuls of the meals your sister cooked. He also didn't get much sleep at all, and for the first few days, it took both Sting and Orga to get Rogue out of bed, from what I heard. After that, he took numerous jobs, to keep himself busy, as Sting said."

I was concerned for my mate now. "It was really that bad, huh?" I utter. Grandpa nods his head. I chuckle slightly, easily imagining Nanami doing that to Rogue. "So, what happened after I passed out? What about Shiro and Kuro?"

Grandpa explains, "After you passed out, Lahar and his unit arrived at Dark Star to round up its members. All members of Team Kage were arrested. Natsu told me that before he was taken away, Sora promised to continue to come after you. As for the Ookami twins... they were questioned by the Magic Council, because they wanted to make sure Shiro and Kuro have sided with us, but they're downstairs with everyone else, waiting for you. I let them stay in our house last night."

I relax upon hearing that last part. "I'm so glad for Kuro and Shiro. And, I don't care about what Sora does, just as long as he doesn't harm my family." I smile, but then I touch my fingers to where the new scar on my left cheek is.

Grandfather rests a hand on my leg, giving it a reassuring squeeze as I look at him. "Don't worry about that, Aki-chan. You're home—and that's all that matters. Nobody will care about that scar."

I smile at him as I murmur, "Thanks, Grandpa."

We hug each other again as he says, proudly, "My brave granddaughter. Your mother and father would be so proud of you." I let a few more years fall as I sniffle at that. We pull away and Grandfather stands up. He picks up a pile of clothes from the end of the bed. "Nanami picked these out for you this morning. I'm going to tell the others you're awake."

"Thank you, Grandpa," I say appreciatively. He smiles warmly at me, making my heart swell with happiness, and he turns and leaves the infirmary, leaving me alone to get changed.

I get out of bed and start getting dressed. The outfit Nanami picked for me consists of a black long sleeved cold shoulder top with a pink skirt and tall white boots.