Chapter 2

Akira's P. O. V: 

"Okay, you four. Time for bed," Dad tells us, and our cats, Momo and Vivienne at 9 0' clock that night, while mum stands in the doorway, leaning against the frame, a warm smile on her face.

I pout as I look up from the book I was reading, as Nanami, Momo and Vivienne crawl into bed. "Can I stay up a bit longer to read, dad? Please?"

Dad chuckles as he replies, "No. You need sleep because you two have training in the morning."

"But, I'm up to a really good part! Just five more minutes?!" I plead.

"Sorry, Aki-chan. Bed. Now," Dad says gently but firmly.

"Hey, mum? Can you sing that song for us?" Nanami asks as I set my book down on my bedside table, and crawl under the blankets, Momo curling up beside me.

Mum smiles at us as she replies, "Of course." She goes over and sits on the edge of Nanami's bed.

Mum's soft, beautiful voice flows into our ears as she begins to sing.

"Like a bird that flies
In the morning light,
Or a butterfly in the spring,
When your spirit rides,
On the wings of hope,
You'll find your wings.
For you're always free to begin again,
And you're always free to believe,
When you find the place
That your heart belongs
You'll never leave.
You and I will always be
Celebrating life together.
I know I have found a friend forevermore!
Love is like a melody;
One that I will always treasure.
Courage is the key that
Opens every door!
Though you may not know
Where your gifts may lead,
And it may not show at the start,
When you live your dream,
You'll find destiny
Is written in your heart.
Though you may not know
Where your gifts may lead,
And it may not show at the start,
When you live your dream,
You'll find destiny
Is written in your heart!"

By the time mum finishes the song, Nanami, Vivienne and Momo were already asleep. Mum and dad smile at them. I gaze at my mother with shining eyes. She taught me to sing, and I hope to one day be as beautiful a singer as her. Dad says to me, "Now, you need to go to bed, Aki-chan."

"Hey, mum, dad?" I ask as I settle back in bed.

"Yes, sweetie?" Mum asks.

"Do you think that one day, I'll be able to join Fairy Tail? And become as powerful a wizard as Dad? Or even Titania Erza?! I really want to meet her! She sounds so amazing!"

They chuckle softly at my enthusiasm. Dad has never once met Erza Scarlet, a. k. a, Titania, The Queen of the Fairies, But I've heard so many stories and rumours about her while growing up, and ever since, I've always wanted to meet Erza!

Dad says, "Maybe one day. When you're old enough."

"When will that be?" I ask eagerly, my eyes shining with excitement.

"In the next year or so," Dad says.

"Yay! I can't wait! I'm going to become a really powerful wizard! And, then, I'm gonna meet Erza and then kick her butt in a battle! And, I'll be the first person to do that, because I'm definitely better than her!" I declare, clenching a determined fist.

Mum and dad both chuckle softly at my enthusiasm.

"For now, though, bed," Mum tells me. She gently kisses Nanami's forehead before doing the same to mine. "Goodnight, sweetheart."