Chapter 13

Pic is of Flare Corona—->

Akira's P. O. V:

"I'm all fired up!!" Natsu shouts as we both run toward the one eyed bird, grins on our faces.

"It looks hungry! I guess that demon guy was just an appetiser!" Momo exclaims.

"Natsu!" Wendy shouts worriedly.

"Akira-nee!" Nanami shouts.

"Be careful!" Lucy calls.

Natsu shouts back, "If he eats us, well just cut him from the inside!"

Natsu uses his flames to launch himself into the air, while I wrap amethyst around my feet and use wind to launch myself after Natsu. We both swing our right legs forward and kick the bird right in the eye, my wind enhancing Natsu's flames, causing the bird to get thrown back.

"Nice one!" Momo shouts.

"Not a bad kick!" Charlele adds.

Natsu and I land back on the ground, and the bird follows, clamping both its talons down on us. Natsu and I grunt as we struggle to dislodge the bird. It throws us up into the air.

"Natsu! Akira-chan!" Lucy exclaims fearfully.

Natsu responds, "Don't worry about us! We've got this! You focus on the ice! Get that fire to burn!" Flames wrap around Natsu's fists while shadows wrap around mine.

"Save the Eternal Flame, and it'll save the village!" I shout, as Natsu and I slam spheres of flame and shadow into the bird's eye, sending it flying away with a cry.

"I'm all over it!" Gray yells before taking off toward the flame.

Natsu and I continue punching the bird with flame and shadow. I'd notice the tiny Eternal Flame after Gray had absorbed the ice. Lucy calls desperately, "Natsu! Hurry!!"

"Yeah, yeah! This shouldn't take too long!" The pinkette shouts back.

The bird flips and sends us flying away. It slams its tail into Natsu and I. We grunt as we grab its tail and spin it around us a few times, before throwing it away. Suddenly, a white beam shoots from its eye and hits Natsu and I head-on, making us cry out.

"Oh, no!" Nanami gasps.

"It got them!" Wendy says.

The bird turns, dragging its beam as it drags through the village. It fires the beam at our comrades, and they take off running to get away from it.

I hear Wendy shout, "That beam's going to hit one of the giants!"

We snap our eyes open and flip around to see that Wendy is right. I create my Crystal Power spell and shoot a powerful beam of magic energy that hits the side of the bird, knocking its beam off course, though the beam narrowly misses the giant.

Natsu and I spin backwards till we land on the head of a giant. I say, "We'll be outta your hair in just a sec!" Natsu uses fire while I use air to launch ourselves at the bird again. We slam into it head first and fire engulfs us.

"Fire Dragon: Brilliant Flame!"

"Ruby Corona!" Spheres of flame form in our hands and Natsu and I throw them into the bird. It crashes into the Eternal Flame's alter, before our flames slam into it.

Flare shouts, "The Eternal Flame!"

With a war cry, Natsu and I send a blast of fire at the alter. We continue throwing small fireballs at the bird. "Get up freak!!" Natsu shouts.