𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥

best friend — ✔︎katsuki's feelings are exposed

best friend — ✔︎
katsuki's feelings are exposed.

THE END OF THE DAY NEARED,

causing katsuki to be uncharacteristically anxious. he didn't know what he should prepare himself for. did she want to fight him? look down on him? or just talk? reminisce on old memories? it was unclear, and that's what bothered him. he hated being left in the dark.

hello, love,❞ y/n's voice rang in his ears, like a peaceful melody playing softly, something he could fall asleep to. god, did he hate it. he hated how he enjoyed hearing every word that slipped out of her tempting lips.

what do you want, half&half?❞ he asked, glaring at her. the usual heat in his gaze was gone, his eyes much softer than usual. deep down, he knew better than to provoke her. she was above him in every way and he was oh-so painfully aware of that.

the blonde & black haired girl gave a small, sly smile, ❝you're walking me home, remember, sweetheart?❞ she reminded him.

but how could he forget? it's been on his mind ever since she declared he would. all he did was nod in response, gripping his bag and then proceeding to walk out the door with his childhood friend trailing behind him.

her strides matched his, though her legs were shorter. she grabbed his palm in her own, grasping it gently. his large, calloused hands were warm, just as they had always been. that's something she's always loved about them, though.

what are you doing,❞ he spoke, stopping in his tracks. a blank expression replacing the normal scowl he had etched on his face.

holding your hand. you didn't mind it when we were kids, katsu,❞ she replied simply, using the nickname she gave the explosive boy when they were back in their childish days. she knew katsuki had changed since then, protective barriers being put up as he matured. but she wanted to see how much didn't change, how much she could get away with.

you idiot! it's different now!❞ he raised his voice in the quiet hallway, ripping his hand from hers, his expression now frustrated. his eyebrows were furrowed in thought, his intense crimson eyes gazing at the ground, as if was the most interesting thing to him. she raised an eyebrow.

how so, love?

he groaned in frustration, throwing his head back, thinking the reason was obvious, ❝I USED TO HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU, THEN.❞ he never thought he would admit that, let alone out loud, but even so, he felt a weight lift off his shoulders. it actually... felt nice to tell somebody. katsuki was so used to keeping everything bottled up. she knew that. but she also knew katsuki trusted her, even if he didn't like outright admitting that.

and you like me now. nothing's changed, katsu. so, let me hold your hand.❞ y/n nonchalantly replied, her eyes closed as she stuck out her hand for his to grasp. she knew?

of course she did. she was always able to see through him. to her, he was like glass. she could see through him clearly. he was strong in so many ways, he could protect. but he was also easy to crack; fragile.

EXCUSE ME?!❞ he yelled, backing away from her outstretched palm. he would have been offended if it were not the truth.

the goddess-like female sighed, dropping her hand and opening her eyes to gaze at him. ❝i'm not stupid, katsuki. you can fool everyone else, but i always know what's going on behind your facade. i've known you since we were born.

THAT DOESN'T MEAN SHIT,❞ he claimed. so what if he has known her since before he could remember? what makes her think she knows every bit of him? or how he felt? not even that damned deku knew how he truly felt, and that nerd was always over analyzing everything.

y/n grew cautious. not for her own safety, but for him. he- and his ego- was fragile. she now had to be careful with her next moves, not wanting to set him off with the slightest word. she inched closer, ❝you were my first friend, as well as the first person i had ever idolized. though you were an asshole to me since i didn't have a quirk when i was younger, i never stopped admiring you, your capabilities & your goals, katsuki.

tears slowly filled his scarlet orbs making him close them harshly. he whispered, at first, but his rough voice gradually got louder. ❝...you're past me now. you're on a whole other level!

the half&half female shook her head sadly, grabbing his trembling hands with her soft ones, pulling him closer, ❝that doesn't mean anything, sweetheart. you're still my best friend. and no, before you say anything, i do not look down on you. i see you as my equal, my best friend.

bakugou's body shook as he leaned on the smaller female for support, wrapping his arms around her in an embrace. he let his hot tears flow down his face, feeling safe around the her. for the first time, he broke down. and for the first time, he felt comforted. the almighty "lord explosion murder" was breaking down his walls. he knew he didn't have to worry about anything around her, knowing she would keep him safe. and that's what he needed. he was so tired of being strong. so, she was right. she was able to see right through him.

after  all,  she  was  his  best  friend.