𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘴

loss — ✔︎she was everything anyone could've wanted

loss — ✔︎
she was everything anyone could've wanted.

KATSUKI. BE MINE, SHE SAID NONCHALANTLY

as they ate lunch with their group of friends. they had adopted her, letting her join the chaotic mess that they called a friend group. the ash-blond choked on his food, sero and kaminari doing the same in shock. kirishima had tears in his eyes as he ranted on about how manly she was to be so confident with her words, while mina merely squealed her head off, wanting her otp to become canon.

EXCUSE ME?❞ he hollered, clearing his throat from the food that once blocked it. due to his yelling, he effectively grabbed the attention of another nearby friend group, the so called "dekusquad." they didn't want to eavesdrop, but to see bakugou so flustered— they just couldn't take their eyes off of them.

be mine? date me? i don't really see any other way to put it, katsu.❞ the half&half girl quirked a brow, wondering if she said something wrong. she had a habit of being blunt with her words, always saying what's on her mind and never shying away from want she wanted. this was no different. she didn't care that people were there, but apparently katsuki did.

YOU CAN'T JUST ASK SOMEONE THAT, YOU STUPID HALF&HALF!❞ katsuki's face reddened in embarrassment and anger. of course, he was embarrassed. who wouldn't be? his best friend had asked him out in front of the rest of his friends, very unexpectedly. and OF COURSE, he was angry. to just drop this bomb on him, making him vulnerable and unprepared. it wasn't fair.

she merely shrugged her shoulders, not seeing a problem with what she asked him, ❝well, i just did, love. so, what's it gonna be?

everyone watching was on the edge of their seats, eager to hear what the explosive male had to say. would be blow her up? accept her proposal to be a couple? storm out? no one knew, and that's what made it exciting. one person in particular, however, dreaded his response to her question.

...no,❞ he finally answered, quietly, as he stared at her. this made their friends sigh in disappointment. it would have been a lie to say they weren't rooting for the pair of pretty teens. they seemed so compatible from an inside perspective. she was calm and collected, able to withstand his mood swings. and he... didn't blow her up. and that had to mean something.

so, he didn't know WHY he said no. he wanted more than anything to be with the girl he'd known since kids. perhaps it was the peer pressure that made him give that stupid answer. or perhaps it was because he felt that feeling romantic emotions made you vulnerable — and like hell, he was going to seem vulnerable in front of his classmates. either way, the reason was unclear to him, his mind a jumbled mess as his anxiety spiked up.

he had an idea of how you would react, maybe nonchalantly, as if it didn't bother you. but you were unexpected. and that made him worried. he didn't want to hurt you. he never did.

everyone looked dejected, and a certain someone even gave a ghost of a smile at his response, watching from afar. the person smiling did not wish pain upon the oh-so-perfect girl in his class, it was quite the opposite. he had taken an interest in her, so bakugou rejecting her made him think he had a slight chance to make her his.

the listeners, being the bakusquad and dekusquad, thought the e/c eyed girl would run off in tears as he rejected her, but she stayed in her seat, looking unbothered. just as he thought she would be. she was known for making a scene- though, those scenes would always put bakugou in his place. she would never run off crying, though. she was too strong-willed for that.

she closed her eyes, her long eyelashes resting on her soft s/c cheeks and simply took a sip of her milk carton, shrugging her shoulders again, ❝that's your loss, katsuki.

katsuki grumbled as he slouched back in his seat, now feeling awkward and bothered by her lack of reaction. y/n, however, went on as if nothing ever happened, turning to the pink-skinned alien girl to strike up a meaningless conversation to advert the attention away from the situation that had just taken place.

the boys looked confused at how she handled the situation but nonetheless agreed with her. it WAS his loss. she was amazing in every way they could think of. pretty, no doubt. smart, tactical, powerful, levelheaded.

so, she was, as  always, right.