𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦

on the phone — ✔︎he admits it

on the phone — ✔︎
he admits it.

HE HAD CALLED AND CALLED AND

called. he knew the mistake he made, and he wanted to fix it as soon as he could. he wanted to see her as soon as possible. but he couldn't see her, yet. not when she was hurting like this, silent tears making shining paths down her cheeks.

she didn't dare let him see her weak. she had to be strong for him. because that's what he needed. someone to be there for him.

touya left, leaving her with her own thoughts. as her phone rang again, she accepted the call in less than a second. she heard faint sniffles over the line, as well as ruffling of clothes. katsuki had been crying, no doubt.

... you okay, love?❞ she wiped her own tears from her eyes as she spoke, the whispers of her quirk slithering into her ears.

his side of the call went silent, like he pressed the mute button to keep her from hearing his choked out cries. she couldn't hear a thing from him. if it wasn't for her quirk, the part that told her everything, she would have thought he hung up.

hey... i'm sorry too, katsu. i didn't mean to snap.

silence. she needed to hear his voice or she would break down again. his presence had always managed to calm her, even if he didn't know it. just hearing his rough, low voice made her mind clear, if only for a second. seeing his bright red eyes made her feel overjoyed in every way imaginable. she really did need him.

katsuki...?

he finally answered, his voice was hoarser than usual. she could tell he was in the middle of a breakdown, seeking out comfort. ❝no, i'm not okay! do you know how much it hurt me when you walked away with that damned icy-hot!?

y/n's worry was placed on the back burner of her mind, her irritation seeping into her mood. and though he couldn't see it, he could definitely sense it.

how do you think i felt at lunch? or when you called me a whore?❞ her rejection plagued her mind ever since it happened. she expected a different answer from him. she knew how he felt, after all. she always has. and for him to call her such a degrading name when she has never deserved that treatment? it pushed her over the edge. it hurt her.

WELL, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO SAY?❞ his breathing became ragged as he ran a hand through his blond hair. he was afraid of so many things, almost too many to count. but she already knew that. she knew each and every thing he feared. and she wanted nothing more than to rid him of them, to see him live fearlessly.

... how you really feel would've been nice.

she pressed her hand to her mouth to muffle a hiccup caused by her crying. she saw his crimson eyes every time she shut her own. her heart ached for him. she knew he loved her. but she craved to hear the words he never spoke. she need it.

I... FUCK, Y/N... i love you.

she gave a watery smile. her heart was beating erratically, almost jumping out her chest as his words travelled to her ears. katsuki gave a small, broken smile of his own, the feeling of admitting what he wanted freed him of the doubt that plagued his mind. he felt at peace, his breathing slowing down gradually.

about  goddamn  time  you  say  it.