xxxi. wanheda, pt 2 (3.02)

Start from the beginning

They finally release you, and cut your hands free, and Bellamy jogs over and helps you to your feet. You both start walking over to Kane and Pike when Kane asks, "How many of you are there?"

"Sixty-three. The rest are camped in the mountains north of here. Grounder killers one and all, am I right?"

Everyone in the group let's out a hoorah of agreement, and you and Kane exchange a concerned look as you and Bellamy reach their side. You look between the two men and you deadpan, "I hate to cut this short, but we've got to find Clarke."

Pike turns to you in surprise. "Clarke Griffin?"

You nod, and he gives Bellamy a mock disappointed look. "If only all of my Earth Skills students were as good as her."

Bellamy smirks and they shake hands in greeting. "It's good to see you, sir."

"You too."

Pike turns back to you. "And you're-"

You guess his line of thinking, and finish the sentence for him. "The twin, yes."

He shakes your hand as you tell him your name, before he says, "I can see the resemblance to Clarke, but you look like your dad too."

"You knew my dad?"

He smiles, "Formidable chess player, tough to beat. We used to play every now and then."

You smile, thinking of a memory, a chess game with your father. You're thankful to receive a small piece of him, even after all this time. Kane turns and looks at the fallen tree, reminding you of your current mission. "Okay, move the tree."

You and Bellamy head over to the tree, and Monty comes up beside you before other men from Farm Station line up on either side of him and Bellamy. You all start to push the tree away, and once you've cleared a path big enough for the rover, you step away. You turn to Monty, and see the sadness on his face. "Are you okay?"

"My dad didn't make it."

You feel a pang in your chest, the all too familiar feeling of losing your father, and you pull him in for a hug. "Monty, I'm sorry."

He hugs you back before stepping away, "I'll be okay. I have to be."

You all start to walk back towards Kane and Pike, and Kane looks at Monty as you approach. "Monty, give them the coordinates to Arkadia. We have a settlement fifty miles south of here. Your people will be safe there."

Pike gives Kane a serious look, "You're my people."

"Good. Because we have reports that put Clarke north of here. We could certainly use your expertise."

"Mount up, we're going back into Hell."

-

The ride to the trading post is silent, but short.

As soon as Monty pulls up to the building, you jump out, eager to look for any sign of Clarke. You can hear Kane and Bellamy calling out for you to slow down, and you're about to comply, until you hear the sounds of fighting coming from inside the trading post. You lift your gun and hurry to the door, and you can hear the two men jogging up behind you as you quietly push the door open.

Once the door is wide enough, your eyes land on a man pinning a woman to the ground, a knife to her wrist, yelling at her in Trigedasleng. You catch the word Wanheda before you pull the trigger, shooting him in the head and killing him instantly. His body drops to the ground beside her and she scrambles to her feet, turning to look at you as you all file inside, weapons raised and ready. As the others scan the room, you and Bellamy walk towards the woman, and he asks, "Are you okay?"