Chapter Eleven

They resumed their journey in a tranquil atmosphere, with the soft melody from Chanyeol's car radio being the only interruption until he initiated a conversation. "Are you hungry?" he asked, and Baekhyun nodded in response. The lingering smell of the hospital and medicine made his stomach uneasy, and now he was shaking.

Chanyeol inquired about Baekhyun's food preferences, wanting to get something for him. "Pasta," Baekhyun replied. Chanyeol followed up, asking, "Anything else?" to which Baekhyun answered, "Chicken."

Chanyeol then drove Baekhyun to his preferred restaurant in town. They entered a private dining area, where Chanyeol called the waiter to place a special order for Baekhyun—a dish consisting of chicken, bacon, and mushroom carbonara pasta. Chanyeol also provided specific instructions, such as omitting lemon juice. He placed his own order, opting for Tuscan garlic chicken pasta. After a short wait, their meals were served.

As Baekhyun started to eat, his stomach grumbled for the first time in a while. He wasn't sure if it was just hunger or the presence of Chanyeol, who seemed to be pampering him like a baby boy, a role Baekhyun wasn't sure he played. The mixed signals from Chanyeol left Baekhyun feeling confused.

Engrossed in his delicious but non-spicy meal, Baekhyun momentarily forgot he wasn't alone. When he looked up, he noticed sauce smeared across his lips. Baekhyun was taken aback when he saw Chanyeol quietly observing him eat. "Is there something on my face?"

Chanyeol, clearing his throat, responded, "You have sauce on your lips." He continued watching as Baekhyun attempted to clean up, eventually taking a soft tissue from the table and leaning in to gently assist with the remaining sauce by the corner of Baekhyun's upper lips.

Baekhyun halted, eyes widened almost to the point of popping out, as his boss started assisting him in wiping the upper corner of his lips. "Quit making a mess when you eat, okay?" Chanyeol remarked, his own heart aching because Baekhyun was stirring emotions within him that were entirely new. Sensations that fueled a desire to reach out, touch more intimately, or even share a kiss with Baekhyun.

Although Chanyeol had never been involved in an intimate relationship with a man before, Baekhyun was increasingly toying with his mind as the days passed

Although Chanyeol had never been involved in an intimate relationship with a man before, Baekhyun was increasingly toying with his mind as the days passed. He grappled with how much longer he could resist the urge to touch his son's nanny.

After finishing their meal, they decided to visit a grocery store to purchase items for Baekhyun's new diet. Chanyeol divided the groceries into two sets—one for Baekhyun to take home and another for him to consume whenever he was at Chanyeol's house.

It was imperative that Baekhyun maintained a consistent eating schedule.

.
.
.
.

After their shopping adventure, Chanyeol whisked Baekhyun to his own house, the music director's residence conveniently close by. With teamwork, they lugged one set of groceries into the house, leaving the other batch chilling in the car.