Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chanyeol returned home with a sense of excitement coursing through him. The DNA test results confirmed that Jun was undoubtedly his son, and he couldn't wait to hold the toddler close. His anxiety had been replaced by relief, and it was a feeling he relished.

Pulling into the driveway of his mansion, Chanyeol couldn't help but glance at the time. It was already past 6 p.m. when he arrived, and to his surprise, he found Jun now awake. The sight of his son, eyes heavy with sleep and a hint of worry, tugged at his heartstrings, making him realize how much he treasured these moments.

"Daddy?" Jun's voice was a welcome sound as he called out, a gentle smile gracing Chanyeol's face as he approached the toddler. He lifted Jun from the couch, asking, "Hey, buddy."

"Where were you? I thought you left again," Jun mumbled, holding onto his father's neck and seeking comfort on his shoulder. "I went to see grandma. She asked about you and sent her regards." Jun let out a weak chuckle, which didn't escape Chanyeol's notice.

"Are you okay, buddy?" Chanyeol asked with genuine concern. Just then, Baekhyun emerged from the laundry room with a basket of freshly washed clothes. "Oh, babe, you're back?"

Chanyeol acknowledged Baekhyun's greeting with a soft hum before he continued, "Have you noticed that he's been acting a bit weak lately?"

"Jun? He just woke up from his nap; maybe he's still a bit sleepy," Baekhyun replied, puzzled. He called for Hana to take care of the laundry while he joined Chanyeol, who was now seated with Jun on the couch. Auntie Ha-Neul took Jun from Chanyeol's arms, her gentle and caring demeanor putting the toddler at ease as she prepared to give him a warm bath for the night. With Jun in her arms, she made her way toward the bathroom, and Chanyeol headed upstairs to their bedroom to have a change of clothes.

In their bedroom, Chanyeol quickly swapped his clothes, leaving behind the day's concerns and worries, and getting ready for a relaxing evening with his family. As Chanyeol sat in their bedroom, an eager anticipation filled the air, as he waited for Baekhyun to join him. As Baekhyun entered the room, their eyes met, and Chanyeol couldn't contain the excitement any longer. With a heartfelt smile, he said, "Baekhyun, the DNA test results are in. Jun is my biological son."

Overwhelmed with emotion, Baekhyun immediately hugged Chanyeol, their embrace filled with relief and happiness. "For real?" Baekhyun asked in confirmation. It was a moment of profound joy, as they shared the confirmation that their family was now even stronger.

Baekhyun's fear, which had been a constant shadow over their relationship, didn't become a reality. He felt a profound sense of relief and gratitude, and the weight that had burdened their hearts was lifted, leaving room for love and happiness to flourish.

It was 10 pm. As Chanyeol lay in bed that evening, unable to find rest, Baekhyun worriedly joined Chanyeol, wrapping his arms around the man after ensuring that Jun was tucked in and asleep. The room was cloaked in a heavy atmosphere of concern, and neither of them could sleep. Their boy's illness weighed on their minds, making it impossible to find solace in slumber.

Baekhyun, feeling the restlessness in the room, suggested, "Chanyeol babe, we should take Jun to see a doctor. We can't just wait like this."

Chanyeol nodded, his voice tinged with worry. "I've already booked an appointment with another hospital. It's in four days, but I know it seems too far off."

Baekhyun, growing impatient, suggested, "Why don't we go to Wu Yifan's hospital? He can get us in quickly, and we'll have an answer sooner."

Chanyeol hesitated, Yifan's previous refusal to do a DNA test with him still fresh in his mind. However, he couldn't deny the urgency of the situation. He hugged Baekhyun, pecking his head, and said, "I'll put it into consideration, Baek."