"Serves him right for ignoring the best thing that ever happen to him." Levina stated.

"You know, Michael used to beat me senseless and for the littlest things, even if I hadn't done anything. He just did it for the heck of it. He even caused me to miscarriage one time. The point is, I took that beating because I knew that if I could only make it to choosing day, I would be rid of him for good. Same thing goes for my physical training. I get bruised and beaten every single day, but I can take it because I know it will be worth it in the end. What Michael did have left deep scars, both physically and mentally but I can handle them, I have for some time now. However, having someone you love hurt you by humiliate you, that leaves scars on your heart." I just kept talking, getting tipsier by the minute. But I didn't care, I needed to let loose and just forget about it.

"So, what now? What are you going to do?" Meg asked.

"Maybe I should just move out. I mean, we moved in together so quickly. I haven't even had time to be my own person, the one I was before. I went soft when I met Eric, I used to be on fire. No one messed with me and now look at me. Dwelling over some guy who's too busy to pay any attention. What a bag of bullshit! I'm better than that and I will let him, and everyone know that!" I stood up, went over to the music player, and turned it on.

 What a bag of bullshit! I'm better than that and I will let him, and everyone know that!" I stood up, went over to the music player, and turned it on

As the music started, my body started to move with the rhythm and before I knew it, we were all dancing and singing along to the music. We were so caught up in the moment, that we didn't hear the knocking on the door. Levina finally heard and went to open the door. Surprisingly, it was Lauren and she looked concerned.

"Hi, I saw Candice upset earlier. Is everything okay?"

"She is fine now, or trying to be at least."

"What happened? I saw her storming off from Eric's office, looking upset. I've been trying to find her ever since."

"Apparently, Mr. Big shot didn't bother to acknowledge her presence."

"That ass!"

"Yeah, so she told him off and then she came here."

"And now she's having wine and dancing?"

"What else is she supposed to do?"

"I'm going to talk to him."

"You better. I do'nt particularly like the guy, especially not in this moment. But she does, she loves him."

"And he loves her."

"Then he better show it, and fast. Because she's talking about moving out."

"I'm on it." With that, Lauren sped off, and Levina came back inside and joined us again. We danced and drank all night. It was the best night in forever and I felt extremely grateful to have them in my life. When our little dance party ended, we decided that we should all sleep in Levinas bed, making it a real slumber party.

"So, what are you planning to do tomorrow?" Meg asked as we laid in bed.

"I'm going to do my training and since I know Four got some days off, I'm going to spend some time with him."

"That's good. Keep yourself busy." Levina said while yawning.

"Yeah." I yawned too and before we knew it, we were all fast asleep.

Eric's POV

I watched as Candice stormed out of my office. She was upset and I didn't blame her. I felt guilty for making her feel that way and for not paying her any attention. I had been extremely busy trying to find a solution to our problem, all while trying to maintain my regular paperwork. But that didn't mean I had to neglect my time with Candice. I sighed, cleaned up my desk and went home.

When I got home, Candice wasn't there. I decided to have something to eat while I waited for her to come home, but as the time went by, Candice still didn't show up. I was about to poor myself another glass of whiskey, when someone knocked on the door. I went to open the door and a pissed off Lauren was standing there, glaring at me.

"You are one dumb as fuck! How could you?" She yelled at me while stepping into the apartment.

"Do what?" I asked while closing the door and turning around to face her.

"You totally ignored her, after all the effort she did to make herself look hot for you. But all you did was talk about another woman, and Jeanine of all people? What the fuck is wrong with you? All you do is work, you don't even have time for her anymore. And when she offers you some time out, you, you.... blow it!! Shame on you!"

"I do not... why do you even care?"

"Because I'm her friend! But I'm also yours and that's why I'm going to help you make this right. I will not take no for an answer, she deserves it."

"Okay."

"Just so you know, you better not blow this up. Because apparently, she is thinking of moving out and finding her own place."

"What? Why?"

"Because you never see each other anymore, apart from when you go to bed, if even then. That is not a relationship."

"I've had a lot to do lately, and so has she."

"That's not an excuse. At least she is trying to make an effort to give you two time to be together."

"I guess.... fuck. Why do you always have to be right?"

"You should be used to that by now. Anyway, meet me at my place tomorrow after breakfast and we'll come up with an idea on how to get Candice to forgive you."

"Fine, but it better be good. By the way, where is she?"

"At Levina and Meg's place. She was drinking and dancing when I left."

"Thanks for telling me. I guess she just need some time."

"At least she's not down at the pit."

"That's true. Well, I see you tomorrow and tell Aaron I have some papers he need to sign." She was on her way out of the door but stopped abruptly when I told her the last part.

"Wait, why would I see Aaron?"

"Oh, don't be stupid. Everyone knows." I chuckled.

"I don't know what you are talking about." She really tried to make it sound genuine, but everyone knew they were hooking up.

"If you say so." I winked at her and then closed the door. Back in the kitchen, I poured myself a glass of whiskey and went to the living room. I thought reading a book might make me relax, so I took out one of my favorite books 'Lord of the flies', and went over to the couch and started reading.

I really needed to make it right.