CHAPTER 44

BELLAMY DIDN'T LOOK BACK

He had to get out of the area before the drop ship took off.

But he couldn't get the look in Avery's eyes out of his mind. Every time he blinked, he saw the Grounder woman attacking her.

For all he knew, she was dead. Avery wasn't a violent person. She couldn't fight the Grounder princess. Especially with her gunshot wound.

"Bellamy?" He turned around and raised his spear before he spotted Monroe and Sterling.

He let out a sigh of relief. He wasn't alone, "Get back down."

The three of them ducked behind a large called tree, " You were followed?" Monroe asked,

"Quiet." Bellamy hissed at them, looking around before turning back to them,"Have you seen Finn?"

"Finn's alive?"

"He was. We got separated." Bellamy panted, "We knew the fire was coming, so, we ran, but one of them followed." He looked them up and down, "How'd you guys get out?"

"We... we saw the Ark come down. We thought we'd come get help. Piece of it came down this way." Sterling began, "Monroe thinks it's Mecha, but personally, I think..." He was interrupted by the sound of voices and they all turned towards the direction it was coming from,

"Follow me. Stay low and quiet." Bellamy ordered before they took off towards the sound,

Bellamy spotted a Grounder on top of a horse, followed by two delinquents that were tied to his saddle. Bellamy recognised one of them to be Finn,

"I can't... I can't go anymore." The other boy groaned as they stumbled along. He tripped and fell,

"On your feet." The Grounder ordered, not even looking behind him.

Finn tried to help the boy up, but he wouldn't budge, "I can't."

"He can't keep up." Finn told the Grounder,

The Grounder got off his horse and approached them, "I said get on your feet."

"Get up." Finn begged the boy,

The Grounder tugged on the ropes and the boy flew towards him. He took out his sword,

"No!" Finn exclaimed, already knowing what the Grounder was about to do,

He slit the boy's throat before cutting the ropes from the saddle. Bellamy glanced away as he watched one of his own die, "That's one. I lost 300." The Grounder approached Finn and he backed away in fear. Then the Grounder held out a flask, "Drink. You're lucky. I need to keep one of you alive to talk to the commander. Get up."

They began walking away and the three followed. Eventually Bellamy stopped and turned towards the other two, "I know you're scared, but we are warriors. We can do this."

"How?" Sterling asked,

"We attack as a team. When he goes for me, Monroe goes for Finn. Once he's free, it's 4 on one." Bellamy ordered,

"What do I do?" Sterling questioned,

Bellamy knew Sterling wasn't a fighter. Just like Avery. "Try not to die." He told him, "Ready? 1, 2, 3." Bellamy ran into the clearing, "Hey!" He turned and noticed the other two didn't followed him.

Boy, was he screwed.

"Bellamy, get out of here!" Finn yelled at him,

The Grounder urged his horse into a run and Finn was dragged behind on his stomach. Bellamy threw the spear, but missed. The Grounder knocked him down and stood above him. He kicked Bellamy onto his back before punching him multiple times in the nose.

The Grounder took the extra piece of rope and tied Bellamy up. Not the best rescue mission, he knew, but Sterling and Monroe were still in the woods. They could still attack.

"You have to stay on your feet. He'll kill you if you won't." Finn whispered to him as the Grounder walked back over to his horse.

Yells came from the woods and the two turned to see Monroe and Sterling, their weapons raised. The Grounder took out his sword, but before the two reached him, a gunshot sounded and a bullet pierced the Grounder's abdomen before another went through his head.

A figure stepped out from the woods, a rifle raised.

"We're here now." Marcus Kane stated, "Everything's gonna be ok."