CHAPTER 10

AVERY WANTED TO BE SICK. She stood in Bellamy's tent with the boy himself along with Finn and Clarke and the girl in question.

Outside was Murphy along with everyone else in camp. They wanted to know the outcome of the young delinquent.

"Why, Charlotte?" Bellamy asked the young blonde,

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me." Charlotte answered,

Avery crossed her arms, "Great advice you've got there, Bellamy."

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke asked,

Bellamy looked up at them, "She misunderstood me." He turned back to her, "Charlotte, that is not what I meant."

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy yelled from outside,

"Please don't let them hurt me." She begged,

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up." He looked at the three of them, who stood there silently, "Now you stay quiet."

"Those are your boys out there." Finn stated,

"This is not my fault. If she had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall." Bellamy growled, 

"Playing the blame game is not going to fix this situation." Avery hissed at them,

"You want to build a society, princess? Let's build a society. Bring her out!" Murphy called out,

"No! Please, Bellamy." The younger girl looked up at him, her eyes begging him to protect her,

"Charlotte, hey, it's gonna be okay." He comforted her,

Avery sighed, "Ok, here's the plan." Everyone turned to look at her, "Bellamy, you go and  distract Murphy." 

He gave Charlotte one last look before nodding and heading outside. Avery then turned towards Clarke and Finn, "You two take Charlotte."

"Where?" Clarke asked, "With Grounders out there it's not safe."

Avery looked at Finn, "Take them to your spot. You guys will be safe there."

"How'd you know about it?" Finn questioned,

"You think we haven't noticed you sneaking out at night? We're not stupid nor blind, Finn." She responded,

"What about you?" Clarke asked, "What are you going to do?"

The brunette girl looked back towards the tent door, "I'll help Bellamy. Now go."

The three of them left the tent through the back and escaped into the forest. Avery let out a sigh, "Here we go." She mumbled to herself before leaving the tent and facing the delinquents.

 "Ah, perfect." Murphy smirked, "Here comes the peacemaker. Don't think I'm going to listen to what you have to say."

"Back off, Murphy." Bellamy stated, shifting himself slightly in front of Avery,

"Or what? What are you gonna do about me? Hang me?" Murphy questioned,

 "I was just giving the people what they wanted." Bellamy replied,

"Yeah." Murphy sniffed, thinking about it for a moment, "Yeah, that's a good idea. Why don't we do that right now? So, who here wants to see the real murderer hung up?" He turned towards the crowd, "All in favor?" No one but him and a few other boys raised their hands, "I see. So, it's okay to string me up for nothing, but when this little bitch confesses, you all let her walk?" Avery could see his face turning red, "Cowards! All of you are cowards!"

"Hey, Murphy! Murphy." Bellamy walked up to him, "It's over."

Murphy shrugged, throwing his hands up in defeat, "Whatever you say, boss."

Avery narrowed her eyes at him, it couldn't be that easy. No way was this boy giving up without a fight.

Bellamy turned to walk away and that's when Murphy struck. He grabbed a log from a pile and hit Bellamy over the head, knocking him out instantly.

"Hey!"

One of Murphy's boys punched Jasper, while another two held Avery and Octavia back.

"Charlotte, I know you can hear me!" Murphy shouted once he figured out that the girl was gone, "And when I find you, you are gonna pay!"