CHAPTER 11

AVERY HAD OCTAVIA STAY WITH HER BROTHER WHILE SHE DEALT WITH THE OTHERS. She ordered them to keep building the wall, that the Grounders weren't going to stop while we dealt with our own problems.

Once the older Blake woke up, the sun had disappeared and darkness set in. 

"Where did they go?" He asked, quickly approaching her,

"In the woods." Bellamy nodded and started walking towards the camp's exit, "Woah, Bellamy, it's too dangerous."

"Charlotte's out there." He argued,

"With Finn and Clarke!" Avery stated, "She'll be okay."

"Do you really think Finn and Clarke can handle Murphy?" Bellamy asked, staring into her eyes,

She looked at him for a moment, "Let's go." They went to the exit and Avery looked out into the woods. 

The Grounders were still out there. And in the darkness, they are definitely at a disadvantage.

Bellamy looked back at her, "What are you waiting for?"

"It's just..." She looked up at him, "Last time I went out there... Jasper..."

"Look," He walked back over and stood in front of Avery, "I'll protect you out there. There'll be nothing to worry about."

"How can I believe that?"

"Just trust me, sweetheart."

Avery hesitated before nodding, "Okay. I can do that."

"Good." He grabbed her wrist and they ran into the forest, "Now let's find her before Murphy gets ahold of her."

They ran towards the direction that Avery knew Finn's hideout was. They tried to stay quiet, not wanting to risk being found by the Grounders or Murphy.

The two heard footsteps and Bellamy immediately pulled her behind the tree and the two quieted their breathing. Avery poked her head around the tree and noticed a shorter figure with a braid.

"Charlotte." Avery whispered.

Bellamy quickly went over to the younger girl and grabbed her. She let out a scream and he quickly quieted her,

Suddenly, a bunch of deep voices filled the air, "Charlotte! You can't hide forever."

"Don't worry. We won't hurt you."

They began to run, "Let me go!" She tried to pull away,

"I'm trying..." He pulled her back, "Hey, hey. I'm trying to help you."

Charlotte stopped struggling, "I'm not your sister! Just stop helping me!" She broke away and started running, "I'm over here!"

"Charlotte!" Avery tried to grab her but she slipped away,