CHAPTER 18

AVERY STOOD IN THE DOORWAY OF THE DROPSHIP, making sure everyone was inside. Octavia was out grabbing something for Clarke.

The storm came in quick. The sky was a very dark shade of gray, almost black, and rain was pouring down heavily.

Behind her, Avery could faintly hear Raven trying to make contact with the station. There was no answer, but they still needed to have hope. For their survival and Finn's.

"This is a restricted station. Who is this? Please identify yourself." Avery turned around when she heard another voice come through on the radio. Raven did it. She contacted the Ark.

Everyone gathered around as Raven replied, "This is Raven Reyes. I- I'm from Mecha Station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Doctor Abby Griffin. Doctor Abby Griffin. Now."

"Hang on Raven, we're trying to boost your signal." They heard.

"Raven? Are you there?" Dr. Abby Griffin's voice came through and Raven moved over for Clarke to speak,

"Mom? Mom, it's me."

It was silent for a moment, "...Clarke?"

"Mom, I need your help. One of our people was stabbed by a Grounder." Clarke told her mother,

"Clarke." The voice was different. It was familiar to everyone. It was the voice of the man that sent them to the ground, "This is the Chancellor. Are you saying there are survivors on the ground?"

"Yes, the Earth is survivable. We're not alone." She answered before returning to the problem at hand, "Mom, he's dying. The knife is still in his chest."

She walked over to Finn as the Chancellor spoke again, "Clarke. Is my son with you?"

The blonde paused and looked up sadly, "I'm so sorry. Wells is- Wells is dead."

There was a long pause from the Ark before Abby spoke again, "I'm going to talk you through it, step by step."

The dropship began to shake and creak. All the delinquents either held onto each other or grabbed something to keep them upright. Then the radio started to cut out as Abby was speaking,

"What! Raven, what's wrong?" Clarke asked the girl,

"It's not the radio, it's the storm." Raven answered,

Octavia came inside, carrying two canisters. Clarke grabbed one and sniffed the contents before cringing, "Ugh. Monty's moonshine?" 

"Pretty sure no germ could survive it." She responded,

The dropship shook again as Clarke poured the drink into a bowl, "Storm's getting worse. Monroe, close the doors."

Avery shook her head, "We can't. We still have people out there, Clarke."

"Monty and Jasper still aren't back yet. Neither is Bellamy." Octavia told her,

"It's okay, they'll find somewhere to ride it out." Clarke responded,

"How can you be sure?" Avery asked,

Raven came over, handing Clarke a needle, "One suture needle."

"Great, I still need something to close the wound." Clarke said,

"There's some wire on the second level. I used it for the tents." Octavia informed them,

"Let's see it." Octavia nodded and rushed towards the ladder,

"Stay away from the blue wires that run through the ceiling." Raven told her, "I rigged it to the solar cells in the roof. That means they're hot! You got that?"

Octavia nodded, "Yeah, I got that."

Raven turned to look at Clarke, "Tell me you can do this."

Clarke nodded before turning to Avery, "Close the door."

Avery sighed before nodding, "You got it, boss." She went towards the lever when someone called out,

"Hey! They're back!"

"Bellamy!" Octavia exclaimed as he walked in,

"Where the hell have you been?" Avery asked, "You had us worried."

Two boys were behind them, dragging in an unconscious body. It was the Grounder from the cave, the one that had Octavia.

"The hell are you doing?" Octavia asked after the two boys dropped the Grounder onto the metal ground,

"It's time to get some answers." 

"Oh, you mean revenge?" Octavia snapped,

"I mean 'intel'." Bellamy turned to the boys who carried the Grounder in, "Get him upstairs."

"What are you going to do to him?" Avery asked,

"Bellamy, Octavia's right." Clarke said, stepping around Avery to face Bellamy,

 "Clarke, honey, we're ready. Can you hear me?" Abby asked over the radio. The two looked at the radio before Clarke turned back to him,

"Look, this is not who we are."

Clarke was right. How far does it have to go before they end up just like the Grounders? Before they end up no better than them?

"It is now."