Chapter 23: End of the line

Ezra couldn't really remember many moments when his parents had peacefully coincided in the same room with each other, so, to see Colby's parents joking around together so lovingly was a brand new experience for him. He didn't mean to seem bitter when he thought this but he'd almost forgotten that people could genuinely love each other and not all marriages ended in painful divorces. It was most heartwarming to watch the way Mr Williams would look at his wife like she was his entire world and she looked at him the same way. Ezra's parents -to his knowledge- had never held such an affection for each other.

His father had once described his marriage to his mother as one of 'convenience' rather than love.

Seeing the married couple was refreshing, to say the least.

Ezra had been terrified when Mr Williams had walked in on them seconds after Ezra had just banged his only son. No, terrified does not even sum up how afraid, nauseated, horrified, frightened... you get the picture. Then when Mr Williams just wanted to 'talk' to the two of them, Ezra was already thinking of escape routes.

He was waiting for Mr Williams to start shunning him or to start yelling about the 'normal way to live life', but Mr Williams never did. It was surprising and the complete opposite of how Ezra's father would've reacted if he had been the one to catch the two of them together. Not to speak ill of his own father, but that had been what Ezra was expecting Mr Williams to be like.

Even Mrs Williams -who insisted that Ezra call her Jemma- didn't condemn Ezra and Colby for what they'd been doing. In fact, she'd found it hilarious that her husband had walked in on them. She kept teasing Colby by making sexual innuendos at him.

"Hey, Ezra." Jemma called to him. She was sitting in the living room (obviously avoiding the sofa that Ezra and Colby had had sex on) with her legs resting on a bean bag. "Why don't you stay the night? I feel like we've interrupted your date night."

Ezra wasn't sure how to respond, but he didn't need to as Colby beat him to it. "You can sleep in my room." He said happily. His mother wiggled her eyebrows suggestively at him and caused Colby to start blushing. "On the floor, of course. I don't like you that much." He grumbled.

"Sounds good." Ezra replied, he and Colby decided to face the consequences of their actions and sat on the 'sex sofa', as Jemma called it. "Is Mr Williams okay with that though?"

"Trevor!" Jemma screeched.

Mr Williams popped his head into the living room doorway wearing a pink frilly apron. "Yes, my love?"

"Ezra's staying the night." Jemma announced.

"As long as there is no hanky panky-"

"What the hell is hanky panky?" Jemma laughed. "Just say sex, darling, you're making this weirder than it needs to be."

"That's what I told him!" Colby yelled. "He kept using all these weird terms like 'knocking boots' and 'bumping uglies', it was super embarrassing."

"I think it's more embarrassing that you got caught bumping uglies with your secret boyfriend, my little Prince Charming." Jemma's laughing kept getting louder. She sounded almost like a witch cackling at this point. She reminded Ezra a lot of Colby. Colby may look like his dad but his personality was pure Jemma. They were both loud and kind of abrasive but something about them really was charming and cute. "Can't believe you got caught and I call you my son. Back in my day I was banging half the kids at my high school into oblivion and I didn't get caught once." She looked very proud of herself.

"Ew gross, mom. I don't want to hear about that." Colby made fake puking sounds and gagged.

"Why not? Your dad was one of those people. He was this scrawny nerd in my class but I thought he was kind of cute so we did it in the Janitor's closet and the very next day he told me that he'd fallen madly in love with me." Mr Williams swiftly left the room, looking a little embarrassed at the story.