Chapter 20: Teenage dream

"So, let me get this straight." Finley began with an exasperated sigh. "Even though I told you SIX TIMES not to do anything irrational or stupid. You decided it was a good idea to go to Ezra's house immediately after I told you that. Late at night. You then had dinner with his dad, which was extremely awkward- which might be because he WASN'T EXPECTING GUESTS! And then when you overstayed your welcome, you got Ezra to drive you home and then asked him out in his car -even though he had possibly rejected you earlier that day; and he said..."

"And he said yes!" Exclaimed Colby. "Well I had to talk him round a bit but he nodded his head which is body language for yes!"

Finley stared at Colby the same way a teacher stares at a student that is in no way intelligent enough to be in the class. "I should've known you'd do something stupid. Why did I even bother telling you to use your brain for once?" Finley shoved his face into his hands and let out a loud sigh.

"Are you angry?" Colby asked. He had come to terms that going to Ezra's house yesterday may have been a bad idea but it worked out for the best. No need to dwell on the awkward past when Colby was pretty excited about the future.

Finley's shoulders began to shake as his face was still buried in his hands. At first, Colby thought he was crying until he could hear small chuckles being muffled by Finley's hands. "No, man." Finley dropped his hands to reveal a broad smile that was erupting in laughter. "I'm not angry. I really should've known you'd do something like this. It's just so stupid and so you."

Colby didn't know how to feel about that. It had come to his attention recently that more often than not when people said the name 'Colby' they related it to the word 'stupid', which seemed completely unfair to him.

"I am not stupid." Colby stated. "It was all part of my master plan. I'm five- no ten moves ahead of everyone else, y'all just don't know it."

That only seemed to make Finley laugh harder. "Oh for sure, man. I believe you." He took a few deep breaths and regained a bit of composure. "So what kind of stuff did his dad ask you anyway?"

"He was kinda weird. The meal was really tense and awkward even though he kept smiling the entire time. At one point he asked me if I 'liked meat' and if I had a boyfriend. Maybe Ezra told him I'm a vegetarian."

"Bro, he was sussing you out!" Finley exclaimed.

"What does that mean?"

"It means he was trying to figure out if you were gay or not and if you are gunning for his son. Watch out, man. Sounds like he's got his eyes on you. That's kind of funny."

"How is that funny?" Colby asked. He hadn't realised he was being sussed out. Was that why Ezra was so tense the entire time? Fucks sake, maybe he was stupid.

"It's funny because he's Ezra Dickinson." Finley said, Colby wasn't following. "His last name is Dickinson and his dad is mad at you because you're trying to get your dick-in-his-son, you know Dickinson." Colby still didn't react to Finley. "Whatever. My comedic genius is wasted on you people."

"That doesn't make any sense, I've never put my dick in his son, he's always put his dick in me. His last name should be DickinColby." Colby explained in all seriousness. Finley erupted back into a laughing fit.

"What's so funny?" Colby looked up to find Brent walking towards them. For such a tall guy he moved really quietly. Brent sat next to Finley who wrapped his arms around Brent's waist and kissed his neck in between his small giggles and Brent smiled like a love struck fool at his actions. Colby couldn't help but imagine himself and Ezra acting like that towards each other, but that was probably jumping the gun considering they still hadn't gone on their first date... yet.