i'm a darling (strong heart, soft touch)

Start from the beginning

Jeongguk names him Minsu.

Minsu; min meaning gentle and su meaning outstanding.

Jeongguk loves his peace but Jeongguk also loves his characters. Especially Minsu.

Bright, lovelable, Minsu.

Jeongguk always becomes attached to his characters because they are his creations; they are him and he is them. Minsu though is not him. It's not one of his sub-personality that has never graced his real life; not one of his made up him. Minsu is happy boy.

Minsu is not Jeongguk and that's why he's addictive.

And maybe that's why Jeongguk fell too much into the rabbit hole. Of giving this character the personality that isn't him, that could never be him, different from him.

Minsu is not brooding nor is he shy nor is he crude or rude or anti-social. He is not someone who reads texts and forgets to reply. He doesn't wear monochrome colours like the main character. He doesn't get tongue tied when he tries to compliment someone or flirt with him. Minsu is everything Jeongguk is not and—

And Jeongguk likes it.

Jeongguk likes writing him.

And maybe that's why it's such a surprise to see Minsu crying in a back alley that smells too much of month old left-over food, trash surrounding him while he sobs so fucking hard his whole body is shaking and his voice is half-whimpering and half-wailing.

Jeongguk freezes, halting on his steps. The only reason he entered the alley is because of the painful sounds that he heard while innocently walking past he smelly corner. He's going on his merry way when he hears a sound like someone is killing an animal.

No one is being killed.

Perhaps someone has been killed.

Minsu wails louder, tears running down his cheeks while his hands presses on his eyes that seems to never stop producing the water that's trailing down his cheeks. His face is red and the veins on his neck is so prominent, proof that he's been holding his voice for so long and now— now he's breaking like Jeongguk hasn't seen anyone before. Except—

"H—Hey..."

Jeongguk curses in his head. Why the fuck did he even open his mouth. Can't he see that this is not the time?

But the time for what?

The time to meet the man behind Minsu. The time to see if Minsu truly resembles this man.

But from what Jeongguk can see, his Minsu doesn't resemble this Minsu at all.

Jeongguk's Minsu would never cry like this because he is a happy guy. He brings happiness everywhere with him. Nothing can let him down.

This man, sobbing like his world is falling apart, is different. He's fragile; like thin broken glass, shattered, unable to be repaired. He's like the last leaf in autumn; trying to hold on despite the wind trying to blow him away. It feels like he'll disappear anytime soon.

It feels like he'll break even further.

The man thankfully doesn't hear Jeongguk's first attempt to catch his attention. Jeongguk contemplates on doing it again. But he's also scared. //

What if he disappears?

Jeongguk is a writer. He knows breakdowns. He knows sadness like a friend. He knows the countless of consequences from just one action.