Betrayal

If you haven't been betrayed yet, then count yourself lucky because it isn't exactly like sitting in one of the cafés in New Rome and sipping hot chocolate. And trust me when I say, I've been there and I've done that.

And worst of all, I don't know how it happened. Just one day, I looked around me and I realized that all of my friends weren't there any more. They weren't there when I needed them and they weren't there even though they promised to be. And I'm not optimistic that they will be there anymore.

And even now, as I'm sitting under a tree, wearing clothes that were tattered in lots of places and could definitely use a fluff and fold, I could here the voices and laughter of my long forgotten friends.

I took a deep breath, looking up. I knew that the life of a demigod is never easy but what did I do to deserve this? This, a pain that most in this world have not suffered. This pain that haunts me every day. This pain that is breaking my heart, piece by piece every day.

Ah, but where are my manners. I didn't even tell you my name. I'm Percy Jackson, the betrayed soul and was once upon a time, the savior of Olympus.

I got up and stretched. I seriously need to get some sleep I thought to myself.

I inspected my surroundings once again, trying to locate any imminent danger.

I was in some kind of clearing in the woods, far from Camp. It was night time and it was a beautiful site. An oil lamp right next to the tree I was sitting under provided the lighting. In the light, I could see trees(obviously), some small plants and a few fruits littered here and there that fell from the trees. Dew drops fell from the leaves of the small plants. Due to the rain from just before,the weather was cold and the grass wet. My back was also wet from lying under the tree.

I took in a deep breath. The air also smelt good. Due to the rain,the smell of wet sand enlightened the crisp air and because of the fruits, it had a slight twinge of apple nectar in it. It suddenly hit me that I hadn't eaten all day.

I walked over to the area where a bunch of fruits were littered on the ground. I picked up an apple and ate it hungrily. It was delicious so I picked up another. Between bites,I noticed the silence that seemed to hang in the air. It was so silent that it almost felt peaceful.

But as we know, in the world of demigods, peace doesn't last long.

I heard a howl in the distance and then I heard footsteps approaching. I pulled riptide from my pocket and opened the cap.

I smiled as the blade sprang into action,ready to protect me in battle. But I felt sorry too. Being on the run,I didn't have much time to clean my sword. Dirt covered the sword in a thick layer.

Inside my mind, I made a mental note to clean my sword later.

As I was done feeding my mind this important piece of information, a group of thirty women entered the clearing, all carrying bows.

The Hunters of Artemis I thought to my self. All of them were dressed in the same equipment,hunting boots which were to there knees and green hunting over wear,which included a robe of some kind but it was only till where a normal T-shirt should be and green skirt.

All of them aimed there bows at me as a thirteen year old girl approached me. She had midnight black hair and ferocious eyes that petrified people to the spot. Another girl, about seventeen stood right behind her. With dark hair and stormy blue eyes, she stared at me with the same hunter eyes. But I, having looked into those eyes on many occasions didn't even flinch at the sight of them. She sported the same dress as the rest, with a slight addition of hood to hide her face.